Supported Operating Systems
Dashlane is compatible with the following systems.
Mac OS X
- Snow Leopard (10.6) – only with Dashlane version 1.x and in Safari
- Lion (10.7)
- Mountain Lion (10.8)
- Mavericks (10.9)
- Yosemite (10.10)
* Dashlane 3 is not compatible with Snow Leopard (10.6). The latest version compatible with Snow Leopard is 1.9 and may not include all our newest features (such as Password Changer, Sharing and Emergency). Please consider upgrading your operating system in order to use Dashlane 3. Note that the latest system from Apple, Yosemite, is a free upgrade and can be installed on most Mac computers.
- 8 and 8.1**
* Some of our newest features may not be available on Windows XP, such as Password Changer. Please consider upgrading your operating system in order to use the Password Changer feature in Dashlane.
** There is no full screen interface in Windows 8 or later for the immersive mode (formerly known as Metro). Please use Dashlane in desktop mode. This is because Windows RT mode is not supported for now.
iOS (on iPhone, iPod and iPad)
- iOS 8
Note that Dashlane is not updated any more for iOS 7 and iOS 6. However, the last versions of Dashlane running on iOS 7 and iOS 6 respectively can still be downloaded on the App Store. Please refer to this section to see how and for more information on Dashlane for iOS. Note that some of our newest features may not be included in these versions.
- Android 4
- Android 5
The latest version of Dashlane requires at least Android 4.0.
You can read this section for more information on Dashlane for Android.
Dashlane is also compatible with the Barnes & Noble Nook. You will find the app directly on Google Play.
Unfortunately, Dashlane does not work on Linux, Windows Mobile, Windows RT, Blackberry, Amazon Kindle or Chromebook yet.
Supported Browsers on Windows and Mac OS X
Note that Dashlane may not work on alpha, beta or nightly versions of these browsers. We do our best to support beta versions of these browsers, but if you experience any issue with Dashlane on an alpha, beta or nightly browser build, please consider installing the release version of your favorite browser to use Dashlane.
Dashlane supports Firefox from version 4 to the latest public version of Firefox on Windows and from 27 to the latest version of Firefox on Mac OS X. You can learn how to update Firefox here.
On Mac OS X, in order to use Dashlane in this browser, Firefox must be launched in 64-bit mode. Make sure that the Open in 32-bit mode option is not checked in the information of the Firefox application. If the Dashlane icon is grayed out in Firefox, then open your Applications folder, right-click on Firefox, select Get Info in the right-click menu, make sure the Open in 32-bit mode option is not checked. Lastly, restart Firefox.
If you are running Mac OS X Snow Leopard (10.6), note that Dashlane does not work in Firefox 37 and later. Please upgrade your system to Yosemite for free in order to install the latest version of Dashlane and use it in Firefox 37 and later.
Dashlane supports Safari on Mac OS X from version 5.1 to the latest public release. Note that Safari on Windows is not supported.
Dashlane supports Chrome from version 16 to the latest public version of Chrome on Windows, and from 39 to the latest version of Chrome on Mac OS X. You can learn how to update Chrome here.
If you are running Mac OS X Snow Leopard (10.6), note that Dashlane does not work in Chrome 42 and later. Please upgrade your system to Yosemite for free in order to install the latest version of Dashlane and use it in Chrome 42 and later.
Internet Explorer 8, 9, 10 and 11
Note that Internet Explorer must be launched in 32-bit mode, no matter if you are using Windows in 64-bit mode or in 32-bit mode. Note that you can perfectly use a 64-bit version of Windows and run Internet Explorer in 32-bit mode (which is Internet Explorer's default mode in Windows.)
There is no extension for Internet Explorer's Windows 8 mode because this version of Internet Explorer simply do not work with extensions / add-ons. Please switch to the desktop mode of Internet Explorer in order to use Dashlane.
Dashlane for iOS
Dashlane for iOS is compatible with iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5C and iPhone 5S, iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, iPod Touch, iPad Air and iPad mini.
The latest version of Dashlane now requires iOS 8. If you are still running iOS 7 or iOS 6, please read below. The app is available in the App Store.
Dashlane for iOS 6 and 7
Dashlane is not updated any more for iOS 7 and iOS 6. The latest iOS 6 and iOS 7-compatible versions of Dashlane are, however, still available on the App Store page. To install Dashlane, download Dashlane directly from the App Store using an iOS 6 or iOS 7 device.
Important: If this is the first time you are trying to install Dashlane on iOS, the App Store may not let you download the iOS 6 or iOS 7-compatible version of Dashlane, unless you download the most recent of Dashlane for iOS on another device first. This is unfortunately a limitation of the App Store.
To do this:
- Make sure you have no pending install of Dashlane on your iOS device or if you do, please cancel and remove it
- Download Dashlane on a desktop computer via iTunes using the exact same Apple ID as on your iPhone or iPad
- Reinstall Dashlane directly on your iPhone or iPad from the App Store app
- On your iPhone or iPad, you should now be asked to confirm that you want to install the latest version available for your OS
- Tap on Download
You may need to confirm you are aware that age-restricted material can be downloaded using our Dashlane browser. Of course, Dashlane does not contain any age-restricted content, but this warning had to be added due to Apple's policy on applications which offer browser-based features and allow to visit other web sites.
Important: If you downloaded Dashlane from iTunes on your computer and if you are trying sync your iOS 6 or iOS 7 device with your computer, iTunes will not be able to sync the iOS 8 version of Dashlane that was downloaded on your iOS 6 or iOS 7 device and you will see this error message.
You need to download Dashlane directly from the App Store app on your iPhone or iPad using iOS 6 or iOS 7. This will force your device to download the iOS 6 or iOS 7-compatible version instead of the iOS 8 version. iTunes will probably warn you that the Dashlane app requires a newer version of iOS. You can ignore this message, as you already have the latest iOS 6 or iOS 7-compatible version of Dashlane on your device: check the box Do not warn me again and click OK.
Dashlane for Android
Dashlane for Android requires at least Android 4.0 and it can downloaded directly on Google Play.
If you device uses an older version of Android, please contact your manufacturer's support or go to their website to see if your Android can be upgraded to version 4.
Access your data on any computer using the Web app
You can use our Web app on any computer or device using the browser of your choice. Note that the Web app is launched directly inside your browser and is completely independent from the application which can be installed on your computer or mobile device.
Visit our web site and click on Log in in the top right corner of the page.
You can also go directly to: https://www.dashlane.com/app/
On the Web app, you can:
- View all your credentials (logins and passwords) and your secure notes if you enabled the synchronization to our servers (please note this requires a Premium account),
- View all the authorized devices that can access your account, and remove any of them,
- Invite people from Outlook, Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, and share your referral link on Facebook and Twitter,
- View a summary of all the invitations you have previously sent,
- Manage your Dashlane plan, upgrade from Free to Premium, update your billing information and download your invoice for your Dashlane subscription.
Important: It is not yet possible to access your Payment and ID data or your Receipts, on the Web app.
The Web app is a read-only access to the encrypted data that are stored on our servers.