How to uninstall Dashlane
There is 2 options to uninstall your Mac application:
- open the Dashlane application and go to the Help menu. If the "Uninstall Dashlane" button is present, click it.
This will open the uninstall window. Check the box if you wish to have all your saved data deleted: if you so choose, all logins and passwords, personal information, etc., will be erased from the computer (but not from your Dashlane account if your data is synced). Then, click Uninstall.
- If there is not the "Uninstall Dashlane" button in Help :
- go to Dashlane and uninstall all the browser extensions by going to Dashlane → Install browser extensions
- then go to Launchpad then hold your click on Dashlane in order to see a little cross in the top left corner of the icon. Click on this cross.
To remove Dashlane from your PC, go to your Control Panel and then to the "Uninstall a program" section.
From there, you can uninstall Dashlane by double clicking on it in the list of programs. The confirmation window shown below will then ask you if you also want to delete all your personal data. Click on "Uninstall".
Alternatively, you can go in your Start menu, then to the "All Programs" menu, find the Dashlane directory and click on "Uninstaller" from there.
I keep getting an error message saying that one of my browsers is still open when it's not?
You can try restarting your computer and running the uninstaller before opening any browsers.
If this does not work, press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC and check if there is any browser process still running. If you see chrome.exe still running, try the following steps:
- Go to Settings in Chrome here: chrome://settings/
- Click on "Show Advanced Settings" at the bottom of the page
- In the section "Background apps", uncheck the option to Continue running background apps when Google Chrome is closed
- Then close all Chrome processes from your Task Manager (CTRL + SHIFT + ESC) and restart your computer