This article is for admins of Dashlane Starter, Team, and Business plans. If you want to move your own data to Dashlane, visit Move your data from RoboForm to Dashlane.
As an admin of a Starter, Team, or Business plan, you can migrate your organization's logins and other data from RoboForm to Dashlane in five steps.
Step 1: Deploy Dashlane to your organization
If you haven't already, use our deployment guide to create a Starter, Team, or Business plan. With this guide, you'll learn how to access the Admin Console, choose security settings, and add and onboard plan members.
Step 2: Export data from RoboForm
Everyone at your organization who uses RoboForm needs to export their data from RoboForm to a CSV file. If your plan members have any problems exporting, contact RoboForm support.
Important: After exporting their data, your plan members need to make one small change to their RoboForm CSV file. Ask them to open the file on their computer and change the column "Pwd" to "Password" before moving on to the next step.
Step 3: Import data from RoboForm into Dashlane
Each plan member needs to import the CSV file they exported from RoboForm. They can import a CSV file into Dashlane using our web app or Android app but not the iOS (Apple) or MacOS app.
Important: CSV files aren't encrypted, and others can read them. Ask your plan members to delete the CSV file from their device after importing their data.
Import RoboForm data with the web app
Your plan members can follow these steps to import their data using the Dashlane web app.
- In the Dashlane web app, select the My account menu. Then select Settings and Import data.
- For Import source, select Other CSV. Then select Get Started.
- Drag the RoboForm CSV file to the app or select browse your computer files to search for it, and then select Next. Choose whether you import your data to your Personal or Business Space, and then select Next.
- Preview your import. You can change whether Dashlane imports an item as a Login or a Secure Note. You can also choose whether specific items go to your Personal or Business Space.
Important: All items imported from RoboForm will be listed as Logins automatically. During this step, make sure you change any notes in your import file to Secure Notes.
- Select Import items. You'll see a confirmation with the number of items imported.
Import RoboForm data with the Android app
Your plan members can follow these steps to import their data using the Dashlane Android app.
- Select + Add new, Logins, and then Want to import multiple logins?
- Select From another password manager and then Select file.
- Select the RoboForm CSV file that you exported and select Import.
Note: When you import using the Android app, notes might be imported as logins. To import your notes as Secure Notes, use the web app instead.
RoboForm allows you to export logins and Secure Notes. So the import will include logins and Secure Notes but not other data. Information that we couldn't import to a specific field will appear in the Note section of each login or the content of the Secure Note.
If your plan members have any issues, ask them to check out the common problems at the end of this article, including using the Dashlane CSV template to prepare and import their data.
Step 4: Recreate your sharing settings
After your members import their data into Dashlane, you can recreate any data sharing or group sharing you had in RoboForm.
Step 5: Uninstall RoboForm
After all your organization's data and settings have been moved to Dashlane, ask your members to uninstall any RoboForm apps. Otherwise, they might have problems using Autofill and other Dashlane features.
Common problems with data import
Want more tips for deploying Dashlane? Check out our blog on how to launch a company-wide password manager