Dashlane doesn't work... what should I do?
While we work tirelessly to bring you the best application we can, issues are sadly bound to occur.
Some problems may occur because of a conflict between Dashlane and another application or extension running on your machine, some may occur only within a very specific environment, and others may occasionally affect our users on a larger scale.
In this article, you will find tips and content designed to walk you through the main issues currently being raised by our users. If you have an issue or question that is not listed here, do not worry – it may be covered in another article. Also, you can always reach out to our Support team via our available communication methods!
- Dashlane doesn't work on any website in my browser
- Dashlane doesn't work on specific websites
- I am Premium but my data doesn't properly sync across my devices
- I'm not receiving the security codes or I receive them too late
- I am trying to auto-fill my information in Android apps or browsers
- Current known issues
Dashlane doesn't work on any website in my browser
On Windows and macOS, Dashlane works with an application and a browser extension. The Dashlane extension communicates with the Dashlane application installed on your machine, and is responsible for analyzing webpages and auto-filling your data. If Dashlane doesn't automatically enter your passwords and data on any website, it's likely there's a problem with your Dashlane browser extension. This page will guide you through the recommended steps to be followed in this case.
Dashlane doesn't work on specific websites
We try our best to ensure Dashlane fills in every possible field, and on every possible website, but sadly there are exceptions. If you run into a website where Dashlane does not automatically fill in your passwords and data where it should, please refer to this article in order to try some quick and easy solutions.
I am Premium but my data doesn't properly sync across my devices
If this is this case, do not try reinstalling your application or revoking its access from the Web App or your mobile devices, as these actions could lead to a partial or full loss of your data. Therefore, if you are experiencing issues with synchronization and a large quantity of data is affected, we recommend contacting our Support team as soon as possible.
I'm not receiving the security codes or I receive them too late
When the emails containing the security codes are not received, it is usually due to local protections or filtering on your device/mail server. The first thing you can try is adding email@example.com to your mail contacts in order to prevent our emails from going to spam.
We have also noticed that some email domains such as @free.fr or Microsoft domains (@live.com, @outlook.com, @hotmail.com, etc...) filter our emails even before they reach your mailbox, delivering them too late or, in some cases, never delivering them at all. In this case, we recommend changing your contact email address, if you have other addresses available. Otherwise, you can contact our Support team to find another solution.
I am trying to auto-fill my information in Android apps or browsers
Our auto-fill feature is quite complex on Android as it is compatible with various apps, browsers and services. To find out how to make it work for your needs, please check out Autofill for Android apps and browsers and do not hesitate to contact our Support team if you couldn't find the answers to your questions!
Current known issues
- Previously, whenever you would search for a password, or roll over a credential in your Passwords tab, you would be shown a three dot icon that offered a menu of actions, including edit, delete, or copy the password. Recently, this was replaced with the icon to copy the password only, and many users complained about this change. In response, we will be bringing back the three dot icon on credentials in the Password tab. Remember, you may always double click on a credential to edit it, or single click on a search item to open it.
- We have identified a bug that makes some users' data seem to disappear from the app. The data is still in the app. For example, specific credentials can still be located, though not edited, using the search. Autofill functions properly, as the data is present, just not easily visible. The team is hard at work on a fix to be released as soon as possible. In the meantime, if you are Premium, we recommend using our Web app to access your data.