In Dashlane, if you see the message "Please check your Internet connection," this usually means Dashlane is having difficulty connecting to our servers. Most often this occurs if there is something about the network you're using—either at work or at home—that limits Dashlane's ability to connect.
See below for more information, depending on if you're using Dashlane at work or at home.
At work or on a company network
To use the Dashlane application and the web app in a work environment, please add the exceptions below to your firewall or proxy for Dashlane. Please see about doing this with your IT team, if possible. The port used for all these domains is 443 (https).
Domains to be cleared by your firewall for Dashlane:
- www.dashlane.com — Website
- ws1.dashlane.com — Normal Web services and sync
- logs.dashlane.com — Logs Web services
- 127.0.0.1 – Local network used by the browser extensions (ports: 11456, 15674, 17896, 21953, 32954)
- d3qm0vl2sdkrc.cloudfront.net — CDN releases Windows
- d3mfqat9ni8wb5.cloudfront.net — CDN releases macOS
- d3javy00tucpoj.cloudfront.net — CDN website
- *.s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com — Used by the installers, the icons…
- blog.dashlane.com — In-app tips
- support.dashlane.com — In-app help
- lb.gravatar.com — Contact icons for the Sharing and Emergency features
- gate.hockeyapp.net — Used to collect crash reports through HockeyApp
- api.twitter.com – Optional, required only when sending invitation links on social media as part of our referral program
- www.facebook.com – Optional, required only when sending invitation links on social media as part of our referral program
- graph.facebook.com – Optional, required only when sending invitation links on social media as part of our referral program
Domains to be cleared for the Dashlane web app:
If this doesn't resolve the issue, please check the next section below or contact our User Support team.
At home or on a personal network
It could be a problem with your anti-virus software blocking or deleting our TLS/SSL certificates, which are required to connect securely to our servers. Without those certificates, the Dashlane application cannot connect to our servers.
You can try to disable all the features of your anti-virus temporarily, and then reinstall Dashlane. You shouldn't have to uninstall Dashlane, and simply reinstalling Dashlane on top of your existing install should be enough.
To download and install Dashlane again, please click this link: https://www.dashlane.com/download
If this doesn't resolve the issue, please contact our User Support team.