If you use Safari as your browser: Dashlane now uses macOS native autofill for the web app in Safari. For a better autofill experience, you must set up the alternative autofill solution. This solution lets Dashlane autofill your usernames and passwords but not other fields like your address, phone number, or payment information. To autofill all types of data, you must use Dashlane in another supported browser.
Learn more about the alternative autofill solution
To get the most out of Dashlane, you can enter personal information in the app, such as your name, address, or phone number. This data is securely encrypted, just like your login information. You can then quickly and accurately autofill registration forms, delivery information, job applications, and any online form that requires your personal information.
Add a personal item:
- Go to the Personal Info section in the Dashlane app.
- Depending on which device you're using, select + Add new or the + icon to add personal info.
- Choose from the different types of data we can manage: names, emails, phone numbers, addresses, companies, and websites.
When you create your Dashlane account, we'll ask whether you want to fill out a profile. You can create as many as you need.
Each field is optional and represents a field Dashlane can autofill online.
- Email: Save and manage all your email addresses in one location
- Phone number: Save and manage all important phone numbers
- Address: Store any addresses that you may need to provide online, such as when you want a package delivered to work rather than home
- Company and Website: Supply company info or a web address when needed
Dashlane makes your personal info work for you by autofilling these fields. The more data you enter into your Dashlane account, the more effective Dashlane is at autofilling your information, and the more time you'll save.
Using Dashlane to autofill forms
Privacy at Dashlane