You have three ways to use Dashlane's autofill and auto-login features on your computer so that you never have to type your passwords again. You'll spend less time logging into your accounts and more time getting things done.
If you're on a mobile device, the process works a little differently. Learn more by visiting our pages for people using the Android or iOS apps.
You have three ways to use Dashlane's auto-login feature:
- Option 1: Go to your website as usual
- Option 2: Access the website from the Dashlane extension
- Option 3: Access the website directly from the web app
Option 1: Go to your website as usual
If you have a password saved for that website, depending on your settings, Dashlane will log you in automatically.
If the Dashlane "D" icons in the login fields are gray, you're logged out or do not have that credential saved yet. When you click in a field, Dashlane displays a drop-down list for you to choose the account you want to use.
- Navigate as you normally would to the website. If you don't have a credential saved, Dashlane will display a prompt saying that you don't have an account saved for this site.
Once you've selected the account you want, we'll autofill the password and log you in.
If you're having an issue, check out our troubleshooting guide.
Option 2: Access the website from the Dashlane extension
- In your browser, click the Dashlane extension icon. A window opens that allows you to search or browse for the account information you've stored in Dashlane.
- Click Open website to go to that site and have Dashlane log you in automatically.
Note that Dashlane will suggest passwords relevant to the website you're visiting at the top of the list of passwords in the Vault tab of the extension. If you do not have any password saved in Dashlane for the website you're visiting, Dashlane will suggest manually adding one.
If you have multiple accounts, Dashlane asks which one you want to use and then logs you in to that account.
Option 3: Access the website directly from the web app
- In the web app, go to your Passwords section and find the site you want to log in to.
- To open the website, click Go to website, shown as a small square icon with an arrow.
Quick tip: When you search for accounts in the search bar, you can also open the website directly from the search results.