You have three simple ways to use Dashlane’s autofill and auto-login features on your computer so that you never have to type your passwords again. You'll spend less time logging into your accounts and more time getting things done.
You have three ways to use Dashlane's auto-login feature:
- Option 1: Go to your website as usual
- Option 2: Access the website from the Dashlane extension
- Option 3: Access the website directly from the web app or desktop app
Option 1: Go to your website as usual
If you have a password saved for that website, depending on your settings, Dashlane will log you in automatically.
If the Dashlane "D" icons in the login fields are gray, you’re logged out or do not have that credential saved yet. When you click into a field, Dashlane displays a drop-down list for you to choose the credential you want to use.
- Navigate as you normally would to the website. If you don't have a credential saved, Dashlane will display a prompt saying that you don't have a credential saved for this site.
Once you've selected the login you want, we'll autofill the password and log you in.
If you're having an issue, check out our troubleshooting page.
Option 2: Access the website from the Dashlane extension
- In your browser, click the Dashlane extension icon. This opens a window that allows you to search or browse for the website logins and passwords you've stored in Dashlane.
- Click Open website to go to that site and have Dashlane log you in automatically.
Note that Dashlane will suggest passwords relevant to the website you're visiting at the top of the list of passwords in the Vault tab of the extension. If you do not have any password saved in Dashlane for the website you're visiting, Dashlane will suggest manually adding one.
If you have multiple accounts, Dashlane will ask which one you want to use. Dashlane will then log you in to the account you choose.
Option 3: Access the website directly from the web app or desktop app
- Go to your Passwords section and find the site you want to log in to.
- Click the small square icon with an arrow as in the following example to open the website.
Quick tip: When you search for credentials in the search bar, you can also open the website directly from the search results.