You have three ways to use Dashlane's autofill and auto-login features on your computer, so you never have to enter your login details again. You'll spend less time logging into your accounts and more time getting things done.
The process works a little differently if you're on a mobile device. Learn more by visiting our articles for people using the Android or iOS (Apple) apps.
You have three ways to use Dashlane's auto-login feature:
- Option 1: Go to your website as usual
- Option 2: Access the website from the Dashlane extension pop-up
- Option 3: Access the website directly from the web app
Note: Dashlane customers can now use passkeys instead of passwords to log in to compatible sites and apps. We're still testing the extension for possible problems, but you can already try out passkeys with Dashlane on some sites.
More about passkeys in Dashlane
Option 1: Go to your website as usual
If you have a login saved for that website, depending on your settings, Dashlane logs you in automatically.
If the Dashlane D icons in the login fields are gray, you're logged out or don't have that login saved yet. You can select the gray D icon to add a login or select the 3-dot icon in the pop-up to autofill something else. When you select a field, Dashlane displays a list so you can choose the login you want to use.
- Go to the website. If you don't have a login saved, a note appears: "No login saved for this website yet." To add one, select Add a new login.
- Select the login you want to use to log in to this site. Dashlane autofills the required information and logs you in.
If you don't see the Dashlane D or you want to autofill different information, you can right-click in a form field to open the menu and select Dashlane. From the custom autofill menu, you can select the data you need from your vault or create a new password.
If you do see the dark green Dashlane D, you can also click in the field and search for the item you want to use. To search, select the magnifying glass icon at the top of the list to search for a different item in your vault.
If you're having an issue with autofilling, check out our troubleshooting guide.
Option 2: Access the website from the Dashlane extension pop-up
- In your browser, select the Dashlane D. The extension pop-up opens where you can search or browse for the login details you've stored in Dashlane.
- Select Open website to go to that site and have Dashlane log you in automatically.
At the top of the list in the Vault tab of the extension pop-up, Dashlane suggests logins relevant to the website you're visiting. If you don't have a login saved in Dashlane for the website you're visiting, Dashlane suggests you add one.
If you have multiple logins for this website, Dashlane asks which one you want to use and then logs you into that account using its login details.
Option 3: Access the website directly from the web app
- In the web app, go to your Logins section and find the website you want to log in to.
- To open the website, select Go to website, shown as a small square icon with an arrow.
Tip: When you search for logins in the search bar, you can also open the website directly from the search results.