This article applies to Dashlane accounts protected by a Master Password.
Get help logging in to a passwordless Dashlane account
If you can't log in to your Dashlane account, the solution depends on what's causing the problem. If you don't know what's causing the problem, we'll walk you through steps in this article to try to get you back into your account. If you know your problem, check out the links in the common problems section below to find the right article.
I can't log in and don't know why
If you can't log in but don't know what the problem is, try these steps first.
Check your email address and password
- Make sure you're entering the correct email address for your Dashlane account. Even when you change your contact email, you always log in with the email address that you used to create the account.
- Check the email address for typos and extra spaces.
- Enter your Master Password, select the Show icon, shown as an eye, and check for typos or extra spaces. Select the icon again to hide your Master Password.
Note: If you're using a device with Dashlane for the first time, you need to authenticate the device, so we know it belongs to you. We'll send a verification code or token to your email or mobile device.
Use Dashlane on a new device
Try other email addresses and passwords
When you're checking your email and password, remember these things:
- Sometimes customers create more than one Dashlane account with different email addresses. Make sure you're using the right address to log in.
- Your contact email can be different than the email address you use to log in. Make sure you log in with the email address you used to create your account.
- Customers can change their Master Password. Try to remember if you've changed your password recently.
Try other devices and browsers
The device or browser you're using can cause login problems. Also, you might still be logged in to Dashlane on another device or browser.
Check whether you can access Dashlane on another device or browser:
- Try all computers and mobile devices that you use
- Try every browser on your computer or mobile device
- Try logging in to "app.dashlane.com" in a private browser window or in incognito mode
Important: If you can access Dashlane on another device or browser, save your data to a secure DASH file immediately. Then you won't lose your data if you reset your account.
Back up your data with a DASH file
Contact your plan admin
If you're a member of a Starter, Team, or Business plan, check with your plan admin to see if the plan has been frozen. If the plan is frozen, you can't log in until it's unfrozen by the admin.
You might have a temporary problem with the app or browser you're using with Dashlane. Sometimes these simple solutions can solve login problems.
Make sure you have the most recent version of your browser:
Clear cache, cookies, and browsing history in your browser:
You can also try uninstalling and then reinstalling our app on the device where you're having a problem logging in.
After each step, try to log in to Dashlane again.