- What is your login email address?
- How do I change my contact email address?
- Create a new account
What is your login email address?
Your login email address is the email address that you used to create your Dashlane account and is what you use to sign in to your Dashlane account.
After your account is created, your login email address cannot be changed. If you want to sign in to Dashlane with a new email address, the only option is to create a new account and transfer your existing data and subscription to the new account.
By default, this address is also your contact email address, but you can set up a different contact email address.
This way, your login email address will remain the same and you still use it to log in to your account, but Dashlane will use the new contact address to communicate with you. As such, even if you cannot access the inbox of your login email address, you'll still be able to access your Dashlane account.
Make sure that you can always access your contact email address as we send security codes to that address when you're authenticating new devices.
Note that changing your contact email address is currently not available for Dashlane Business users with SSO enabled.
How do I change my contact email address?
In the web app
- In the My account menu, select Settings and then Account Summary.
- Scroll down to the Account verification section, and select Change under Contact email.
- Enter your new contact email address and select Confirm change.
- If prompted, enter your Master Password and select Confirm change.
Create a new account
If you want to sign in to Dashlane with a new email address, the only option is to create a new account and transfer your existing data and subscription to the new account.
Note: You cannot transfer Family plans to a new account.
This requires you to complete four steps.
Step 1: Export a local secure archive of your data
Step 2: Create your new account
- Log out of your account.
- Create a new account using your new email address and enter your existing or create a new Dashlane Master Password.
Step 3: Import your archived data into the new account
Step 4: Transfer your subscription to the new account
- If you're an Essentials or a Premium user, contact Dashlane Support from the email address of your old account to let us know that you created a new account.
Note: We cannot transfer Premium Family subscriptions to another account at this time.) We will move your subscription benefits to your new account. Be prepared to answer a few security questions because it is necessary for us to verify that you are the owner of the subscription before moving it to another account.
- If you're a member of a Dashlane Team or Business plan, ask a plan admin to switch the seat of your old account to your new account.