The Dashlane web view is a platform where you can access your encrypted data on any device and browser even when Dashlane isn't installed on that device.
Although the web view doesn't autofill or auto-login like the web app, the web view ensures you always have access to your data. To access the Dashlane web view, visit our website and select Log in in the top menu.
You see the web view only when you can't log in to Dashlane on your device. If Dashlane is installed on the device you're using, you see the full-featured web app.
Note: If you use the Free version of Dashlane, you can access the web view on only one device. To use Dashlane on all your devices, we encourage you to upgrade to our Premium plan.
Web view settings and information
In the menu, you can view and edit your saved logins, Secure Notes, personal info, payment methods, and IDs. You can also access features like Password Health and Dark Web Monitoring.
Go to the My account menu to access the following information:
- Subscription: View your current plan, Dashlane purchase receipts, and billing information, and manage your Dashlane subscription
- Account summary: View your login email, view or change your data and privacy settings, and view or change your contact email
- Manage activity: View and manage the devices you've added to your account and remove any of them at any time
- Security settings: Set up several ways to keep your account secure and view the encryption method
- Unlock your account with your fingerprint or look
- Protect your account with 2-factor authentication (2FA)
- Change your Master Password whenever you want
- Turn on the account recovery key to regain access to your Dashlane account without losing any of your data if you forget your Master Password or get locked out of your passwordless account
- If you're a member of a Dashlane Starter, Team, or Business plan, turn on admin-assisted recovery
Export data: Export your data into a readable CSV file or a secure Dashlane backup file
Import data: Import your data from another Dashlane account or another password manager
Import your data
- Friends & Family Dashboard: If you're a Friends & Family plan manager, you can use this dashboard to manage the members in your plan and the plan settings
- Sync now: Manually trigger sync to make sure Dashlane syncs your changes across all devices
Refer a friend: Share a referral link from Outlook, Hotmail, Yahoo, or Gmail, or share your referral link on Facebook and X (formerly Twitter)
- A successful sign-up grants you and your friend six months of Dashlane Premium
- Help Center: Visit our Help Center—where you are now—to learn about Dashlane
- Terms of Service: View our Terms of Service
- Log out: Log out of your account
Manage your data in the web view
Because the web view is basically the web app without a browser extension, the web view provides almost all the same features. However, some features are exclusive to the extension, such as Autofill and Password Generator.
Though some of the features listed in this article may not be available in the web view, you can learn how to use the web view in these articles:
How does the web view work? Is my data deciphered online?
The way you log in to the web view is the same as when you log in to the web app. The main difference is that the web view is accessible even when the Dashlane extension isn't installed in the browser.
Dashlane authenticates the computer, downloads the data to your hard drive, and only then is the data deciphered locally when you log in.
Can I use the web view every day instead of the extension?
We don't recommend using the web view every day instead of the extension.
Even though the web view is quite secure, the web view is still less secure than the extension or our other apps. You can safely use the web view on a one-off basis, such as when you're traveling or can't access any of your usual devices. But for daily use on a computer, it's best to use the Dashlane browser extension or the Dashlane macOS app.
Only the extension and the Dashlane macOS app allow you to use our Autofill. Using the web view means you have to copy/paste your information all the time.
Why are one or several logins missing from the web view?
If any logins appear in the web view or the web app but not in both, you're most likely having a sync issue.
The first thing to try is to force a sync:
- If you use Dashlane on a desktop device, go to the My account menu, select Settings, and then Sync now
- If you use Dashlane on iOS, log out of your Dashlane account and log back in
- If you use Dashlane on Android, go to the app Settings, select General, and select Sync account
The sync usually happens immediately, but you might need to give it a few minutes.
If you still see a sync issue, visit our sync troubleshooting article.
Should I delete the local data when I'm finished using the web view?
If you use the web view on a private device, you can leave the local data on the device. The data is encrypted and stored as securely as if you were using the browser extension.
Public or shared device
Dashlane recommends clearing the browser's cookies and site data when you've finished using the web view on a public or shared device. If you have a concern that your device may be easily lost or stolen, also clear the cookies and site data after using the web view.
You can also use the web view in a private browsing window, as the browser automatically deletes the data when you close the browser window.