In the Users tab of the Admin Console, admins can view and edit the settings of all members of their Dashlane Starter, Team, or Business plan.
Onboarding new plan members
To have a clearer view of the onboarding activity of your Starter, Team, or Business plan, the Users tab allows you to see how many invited people in your organization have joined your plan.
Want to add more plan members? Just click on the dark green Add users button and a pop-up will appear.
To learn more, read How to invite members to your Starter, Team, or Business plan.
Inviting members to your plan using SAML 2.0
Another way to invite people to join your plan is by adding Dashlane as an application to your Identity Provider. Learn more about integrating Dashlane with SAML 2.0.
Managing all plan members
The Users tab allows you to monitor information about each member on your plan, including their security score, last activity, and admin rights.
Use the search bar to quickly find a plan member. You can also use the filters to sort plan members by Active users, Pending invites, or Revoked users.
Monitoring security scores
To learn more about an individual plan member's overall password security strength, check their current security score on the Users tab, located under the PASSWORD HEALTH SCORE column. As long as the member has 5 or more logins saved in their Business Space, you'll see one of the following 3 icons next to their score:
- A green shield indicates strong overall password security
- An orange shield indicates fairly strong overall password security
- A red shield indicates weak password security
Knowing your organization's current Password Health score is important, but tracking it over time can be critical. With the Dashboard, you can provide actionable insights and measurable results to leadership about how you've helped secure your organization by identifying employees with poor password habits before they become a problem.
Learn more about managing your organization's overall security score.
Note: Your organization's Security Score is based solely on logins added to your Business Space and not on logins added to Personal Space.
Types of members and how to add an admin
You can designate each member of your Starter, Team, or Business plan as either a member or an admin. By clicking the 3-dot menu to the right of a member, you can change that member's rights from a member to an admin, and vice versa.
The differences between members and admins are:
- Members can only access and share the logins that other members share with them but can't add or remove other members to the plan with the Admin Console.
- Admins have the same rights as members but will also have access to the Admin Console, where they have the ability to add or remove other members to the account, change members to admin, and manage billing information.
- A billing contact can edit the plan's payment information with the Account Summary tab of the Admin Console but does not have access to the other tabs and can't add or remove other members to the account without admin rights. There can only be one billing contact per Starter, Team, or Business plan.
We recommend having at least two admins on your plan in case one admin leaves your organization. A Starter, Team, or Business plan can have an unlimited number of admins.
To change the status of several members at a time, select all the members you would like to assign an Admin or Member status to, select Change rights to, and select the status you want to give these members.
To edit the billing contact, go to the Account Summary tab and select Edit next to billing contact.
Checking the status of an invite
The Users tab allows you to see the status of your pending invites to new members:
- If your invite is still pending, you can resend it by selecting the 3-dot menu next to the RIGHTS column and then selecting Resend invite.
- If the member already accepted the invite, you'll see their last update time in LAST ACTIVITY column.
Revoking access to your Starter, Team, or Business plan
If you are an admin, you can revoke access from plan members at any time. To do so, select the 3-dot menu next to the RIGHTS column and select Revoke user.
- If the member was already a part of your Starter, Team, or Business plan, they'll still show on the list as a grayed-out member even after they've been revoked. This allows you to quickly reactivate the member if you ever invite them back to your Starter, Team, or Business plan.
- If the member had a pending invitation to join your plan, they'll disappear from the list after being revoked.
- An invitation link can be used only once. If there was an issue joining the plan after selecting the link, the admin will have to send this member another invite.
- If you revoke a member who still has a pending invitation to join your plan, they will no longer be able to join because the link expires when the member is revoked from the plan.
- If the member is an admin, you'll first have to make them a member and then revoke them from the Starter, Team, or Business plan.
- If the member is the plan's billing contact, you'll first have to replace them with another member before you can revoke them from the organization.
Members that were revoked and show as grayed-out members on the Users tab can be reactivated quickly by selecting the 3-dot menu next to the RIGHTS column and then selecting Reactivate.
Adding your profile picture
In the My account menu of the web app, you may see an icon with two letters from your name. This icon is your profile picture or “avatar.” With gravatar.com, you can upload a photo or image to appear instead. You can add a profile picture with any Dashlane plan.
When you go to gravatar.com, you’re asked to create an account or log in to WordPress.com. Gravatar and other services use WordPress so that you can use the same login for several services.
Note: Make sure you use the same email address you use to log in to Dashlane to create your Gravatar account. If you see a profile picture, you already have a WordPress account with a profile picture.
After you’ve created or logged in to your account, you can add or change your profile picture on the Manage Gravatars page. Your new profile picture appears in Dashlane after a few minutes.