In the Users tab of the Admin Console, admins can view and edit the settings of all of the users on their business plan.
Onboarding new users
To have a clearer view of the onboarding activity of your team, the Users tab allows you to see how many invited members of your team have joined your plan.
Want to add more team members? Just click on the dark green Add users button and a pop-up will appear.
To learn more, read How to invite members to your business plan.
Inviting members to your plan using SAML 2.0
Another way to invite users to join your plan is by adding Dashlane as an application to your Identity Provider. To learn more about integrating Dashlane with SAML 2.0 please click here.
Managing all users
The Users tab allows you to monitor information about each member on your plan, including their security score, last login, and admin rights.
Use the search bar to quickly find a member of your team. You can also use the filters to sort team members by Active users, Pending invites or Revoked Users.
Monitoring security scores
To learn more about an individual team member's overall password security strength, check their current security score on the Users tab, located under the Security Score column. As long as the user has 5 or more passwords saved in their business space, you'll see one of the following 3 icons next to their score:
- A green shield, indicating strong overall password security
- An orange shield, indicating fairly strong overall password security
- A red shield, indicating weak password security
Knowing your company's current Password Health Score is important, but tracking it over time can be critical. With the Dashboard, you can provide actionable insights and measurable results to leadership about how you've helped secure the company by identifying employees with poor passwords habits before they become a problem.
Read more about managing your company's overall security score here.
Note that your company's Security Score is solely based on passwords added to your business space, and not on passwords added to personal spaces. See here for more information.
Types of members and how to add an admin
You can designate each member of your team as either a member or an admin. By clicking on the three dots to the right of every member, you can change that user's rights from a member to an admin, and vice versa.
The differences between members and admins are:
- Members can only access and share the passwords that other users share with them, but cannot add or remove other members to the plan via the Admin Console.
- Admins have the same rights as members, but will also have access to the Admin Console, where they have the ability to add or remove other members to the account, change members to admin, and manage billing information.
- A billing contact can edit the plan's payment information via the Account Summary tab of the Admin Console, but does not have access to the other tabs, and cannot add or remove other members to the account without admin rights. There can only be one billing contact per business plan.
We highly recommend setting at least two users as admins, just in case one admin leaves the company. A business plan can have an unlimited number of admins.
To change the status of several users at a time, select all the members you would like to assign an Admin or Member status to, then click on Change rights to and choose the status you wish to give these users.
To edit the billing contact, go to the Account Summary tab and click on Edit next to Billing contact.
Checking the status of an invite
The Users tab allows you to see the status of your pending invites to new users:
- If your invite is still pending, you can resend it by clicking the the 3 horizontal dots next to the "Rights" column and then selecting Resend invite.
- If the user already accepted the invite, you will see their last update time in Last Login column.
Revoking access to your business plan
If you are an admin, you can revoke team members from your plan at any time. To do so, click on the 3 horizontal dots next to the "Rights" column and select Revoke user.
- If the user was already a part of your business plan, they'll still show on the list as a grayed-out user even after they've been revoked. This allows you to quickly reactivate the user should you ever invite them back to your team.
- If the user had a pending invitation to join your plan, they will completely disappear from the list after being revoked.
- An invitation link can only be used once. If there was an issue joining the plan after clicking on the link, the admin will have to send this user another invite to use.
- If you revoke a user who still has a pending invitation to join your plan, they will no longer be able to join since the link expires once the user is revoked from the plan.
- If the user is an admin, you will first have to make them a member, and then revoke them from the team.
- If they are the team's billing contact, you'll first have to replace them with another user before you can revoke them from the team.
Users that were revoked and show as grayed-out users on the Users tab can be quickly reactivated by clicking the 3 horizontal dots next to the "Rights" column, and then clicking Reactivate.
Changing your profile picture
For a member to change their profile picture, they'll need to visit the Gravatar website, create or log in to their account, and go to the Manage Gravatars page. From there, they can add the email account connected to their team, and select the picture they'd like to have appear on their account.