To add and invite users to your Business account, you can enter them manually, drag and drop a file, or import one straight from your computer.
To get started, log in to your Admin Console, and click on the Manage Users tab in the top menu bar.
There, click on Add Users and a pop-up will appear, asking you to invite your team to Dashlane Business.
Please note that only admins can invite users to their Business account.
In the pop-up, there are 3 ways you can invite new members to your account;
- Drag and drop a CSV or TXT file. This will automatically add the email addresses of the users to the Invite by email box. It will not add any emails that were either already invited, or are a part of another Business account.
- Manually add email addresses to the Invite by email box. You can separate them by comma, semi-column, or by adding a space between the addresses.
- Import a CSV or TXT file by clicking on Import a file of email addresses. This will automatically add the email addresses to the Invite by email box.
When you are done, click on Send invites on the lower right side of the pop-up.
When inviting users to your Business account, you might get error messages indicating a certain limitation on the user you are trying to invite. These include:
- If the user is on an automatic renewal with his individual Premium account, that was purchased through the Apple App Store/iTunes or with PayPal. If so, you may ask this particular user to disable their automatic renewal option from their iTunes/PayPal account, or to reach out to our support team for further assistance.
- If the user is already on another Dashlane Business account.
Inviting members to your Dashlane Business account using SAML 2.0 or our Active Directory Integration
Another way to invite users to join your Business account is by adding Dashlane as an application to your Identity Provider. To learn more about integrating Dashlane with SAML 2.0 please click here.
To learn more about our Active Directory Integration please click here.