To use the iOS or iPadOS app, you can either create an account or log in to your existing Dashlane account. If you aren't sure if your iOS device is compatible with Dashlane, check our minimum requirements.
If you're part of a Dashlane Business plan with single sign-on (SSO) enabled, check out our SSO article, as the process is a bit different.
Join a Business plan that uses SSO
Complete these steps to get started with your iOS device:
- Download the Dashlane app
- Create or log in to your Dashlane account
- Follow the onboarding checklist
- Explore the app
Step 1: Download the Dashlane app
If you haven't installed Dashlane on your iOS device, go to the App Store and download Dashlane.
Step 2: Create or log in to your Dashlane account
When you open the app for the first time, you can log in to your existing Dashlane account or create a new Dashlane account.
- If you already have a Dashlane account, log in to the app
- If you need to create a Dashlane account, follow these steps
If you already have a Dashlane account
To use your existing account on iOS, log in:
- At the bottom of the introductory screen, select Log in.
- Enter your account login email address and select Next.
- Enter your Master Password.
Find out what to do if you forget your Master Password
We send a 6-digit verification code to your email that you use to authorize your account on this new device. You can manage your authorized devices from the web app.
Manage your authorized devices
If you have a problem with your verification code, close the app and reopen it. You'll receive a new verification code in your email. Make sure you check your spam or junk mail folder.
If you subscribe to Dashlane Premium, each time you add a new device to your Dashlane account, your data automatically syncs to that device.
Go to Step 3: Follow the onboarding checklist
If you need to create a Dashlane account
To create an account, follow the instructions in the app:
- At the bottom of the introductory screen, select Get Started.
- Enter the email address you want to use for your account. You use this address to log into your Dashlane account on all your devices.
This email address is also where you receive our verification emails, but you can always set a different contact address later.
- Create your Master Password, which is the password you use to log in to your Dashlane account. Your Master Password is the only password you need to remember when you use Dashlane. And the most important thing you can do to keep your account secure is to create a strong Master Password.
- Select Continue. To help you create your Master Password, select Need help? See our tips. Remember that if you don't like the password you created, you can always change it later.
- Enter your Master Password again.
- Choose whether to turn on two settings that can make using Dashlane even easier:
- Face ID: Unlock the app with facial recognition instead of entering your Master Password each time.
- Biometric recovery: Use biometrics to reset your Master Password if you forget it. We strongly recommend you turn on this setting.
You must enter your Master Password to verify your identity and access your data. Only you know your Master Password. For security reasons, we never store or share your Master Password. No one at Dashlane knows your Master Password, and we can't send you your password if you forget it. If you do forget your Master Password, you can lose the data you’ve stored in Dashlane.
Reset your Master Password using biometrics
Next, to help you get started, you're asked if you want to connect to Dashlane on your computer. If you choose to connect to your computer at this stage, then you're asked to log in to that device and follow the link on the screen. Then you're asked to save your first password. You can select Do it later if you want to proceed without connecting to your computer.
On your iOS device, after you've created your account and are logged in, you're prompted to Activate Password Autofill.
Using Dashlane to autofill passwords with iOS
Step 3: Follow the onboarding checklist
To help you get started, the app asks you what we can do to make your life easier. Depending on your answers, we determine the best way to get you started with Dashlane. Then you'll go through a personalized onboarding checklist to walk you through setting up your account.
Step 4: Explore the app
You can explore the app starting from the main menu.
Select Home and then the plus sign (+), which prompts a list of sections. In each section, you can add certain types of data:
- Add login: Add your logins and any related details
- Add your logins to collections: Add your logins to collections to help organize your vault
- Add Secure Note: Add information that you want to store securely but have access to everywhere, like your WiFi passwords or software licenses
- Add payment: Add your credit cards, bank accounts, and PayPal info that you want Dashlane to autofill
- Add personal info: Add all the contact details that you want Dashlane to autofill, including name, phone number, address, email, company website, and more
- Add ID: Add your ID card or passport info that you want Dashlane to autofill
Add your logins and data
Organize your logins with collections
Create Secure Notes
Secure file storage
Make accessing your data even easier
If you didn't turn on Face ID and Biometric recovery security settings when creating your account, you can turn them on now.
Use Face ID
To unlock the app using facial recognition instead of entering your Master Password each time, set up Use Face ID. You can also set up other methods.
More about unlocking the Dashlane app
To use biometrics to reset your Master Password if you forget it, we strongly recommend you turn on Biometric recovery.
Reset your Master Password using biometrics
To control these and other helpful security settings, go to Settings and select Security.
To benefit from the full value of Dashlane on Android, we strongly recommend you also turn on Autofill.
Want to know about the features offered on Dashlane's iOS app?
More about Dashlane's iOS features
After you learn the basics, visit the iOS section of our Help Center to become an expert on using the Dashlane app on your iOS device.