What does "Removing company items for revoked users" mean?
The feature to remove company items for revoked users ensures that your company's logins remain secure if an employee leaves an organization. It allows business admins to automatically remove access to company credentials upon revoking a user from their plan.
The feature is a part of Smart Space Management™ feature set which brings greater visibility and control of company passwords to account admins. Here’s how:
- When an employee is added to a business account, company passwords can be forced to the business space, where their security score is tracked and reported to admins.
- Then, when an employee is revoked from the plan, those same company passwords are removed automatically and the business space is removed.
Items manually added to the business space by a user (as opposed to being forced there by an admin) will not be removed using this feature. Once a user is removed from a business plan, and the business space no longer exists for them, those items will exist in their personal Dashlane account.
Note that while a revoked user will no longer have access to the company passwords, they are only deleted from our servers after 30 days, in case that user needs to be restored to their former plan.
How to enable the feature to remove company items for revoked users
As admin of a business plan, you can activate the feature and remove company items for revoked users in 3 easy steps. Please note that this setting applies to all users on your plan.
Everything can be done from the Settings > Policies tab of your Admin Console.
- Add your company's domains
These company domains are used to determine which items belong to the company or the user.
- Enable the Move company items to Business Space setting
Any items which include your company's domains in the login or URL will be stored in the business space by default.
- Enable the Remove company items for revoked users setting
When a user is revoked, items forced to the business space will be removed from that user’s Dashlane account.