The feature to remove company items for revoked users ensures that your Starter, Team, or Business plan's logins remain secure if a plan member leaves an organization. It allows admins to automatically remove access to Business Space logins when removing a member from their plan.
The feature is part of the Smart Space Management feature set, which gives admins greater visibility and control of their business or organization's passwords. Here’s how:
- Admins can force passwords into the Business Space, where they can track the overall security score. Additionally, members can manually move items to their Business Space.
- When an admin removes a member from the plan, the app can automatically remove the Business Space and all items saved in the Business Space.
Note: While a revoked member will no longer have access to the company passwords, they are not deleted from our servers for 30 days in case that member needs to be restored.
How to enable the feature to remove company items for revoked users
As an admin of a Starter, Team, or Business plan, you can activate the feature and remove company items for revoked users in 3 easy steps. Please note that this setting applies to all members on your plan.
You control these features from the Settings > Policies tab of your Admin Console.
- Add your business or organization's domains. These company domains determine which items belong to the business or the member.
- Enable the Move company items to Business Space setting. Any items that include your company's domains in the login or URL will be stored in the Business Space by default.
- Enable the Remove company items for revoked users setting. When an admin removes a member from the Starter, Team, or Business plan, the app will remove all items saved in the Business Space from that member’s Dashlane account.