If you often go to the same website, your browser may ask to remember your username and password.
While we don't recommend using both Dashlane and your browser's built-in password manager anyway, using both simultaneously may cause a conflict when both try to fill in your passwords. And as a result, the authorization form may be incorrectly filled in.
To keep this from occurring, follow these instructions to disable your browser's password saving and autofill features. Once you have imported or entered them into Dashlane, we also recommend deleting the passwords from your browser.
- Click the Chrome Menu in the toolbar
- Select Settings
- In the Autofill section, click on Passwords
- Turn the settings off for both "Offer to save passwords" and "Auto Sign-in"
For a good user experience, remember to delete your passwords from Chrome once they are in Dashlane. Though Chrome will no longer automatically sign you in, it will continue to propose the credentials it has saved.
Note that in some cases, you may still see the following popup below form fields:
In this case and if you wish to prevent this popup from showing, please try updating your Chrome browser to the latest version (version 90 or above). If the problem persists, then click on the popup, then on Yes when prompted and log in to your Google account. Then refresh the page and the popup should no longer appear.
Alternatively, you can open chrome://settings/passwords in your browser. You will see this:
There, you can click the Show button. Then, click Yes when prompted and log in to your Google account.
- Click the Firefox Menu in the toolbar
- Select Options or Preferences
- On the left, click Privacy & Security
- Under "Logins and Passwords," make sure both boxes are unchecked
For a good user experience, remember to delete your passwords from Firefox once they are in Dashlane. Though Firefox will no longer automatically sign you in, it will continue to propose the credentials it has saved.
- Click the Safari menu in the toolbar
- Select Preferences
- Click Autofill
- Uncheck the options "Using information from my contacts," "User names and passwords," "Credit cards," and "Other forms"
- Click the Edge menu in the toolbar
- Select Settings
- In the Profiles tab that opens then, select Passwords
- Make sure your Passwords settings are the same as shown above
Alternatively, you can access the Passwords settings by typing "edge://settings/passwords" in Edge's address bar.
- Click the Internet Explorer Menu in the toolbar
- Select Internet Options, then click Content
- Under AutoComplete, click Settings
- Uncheck the options "Forms and Searches" and "User names and passwords on forms"
- Click OK