Please follow the instructions below if you can't log in to your Dashlane account or if you believe you may have forgotten your Master Password.
If you’re getting an “Incorrect password” error message
Please follow these steps to log in to your Dashlane account:
Type your Master Password and after you receive the “Incorrect password” error message, click the eye icon to the right of the field, and confirm the following:
- The Master Password you entered...
- Contains 8 or more characters including: 1 lowercase letter, 1 uppercase letter, and 1 number
- Contains no typos or unwanted spaces
- Is the correct password for this account. Sometimes users forget they changed their Master Password. Did you do so recently?
- The email address you entered as your Dashlane ID...
- Contains no typos or spaces
- Is the correct email address associated with this Dashlane account. Sometimes users forget or don't realize they created more than one account. Also, remember that your contact email address can differ from your Dashlane ID.
- The device you’re using...
- Has both Caps Lock and Num Lock appropriately enabled or disabled
- Has the keyboard set to the correct language/region
- Is already registered with Dashlane (click here if this is the first time you’re using Dashlane on this device)
If the above didn't uncover the problem, please try logging in to the Dashlane web app, and if possible any other devices on which you use Dashlane.
It's best to use a private browsing window when logging into the web app to test your Master Password. Note that this has different names in different browsers, such as "Incognito" in Chrome.
If the issue persists after following the steps above, please contact Support.
If you're sure you’ve forgotten your Master Password
If you've performed the checks above, and are convinced you've forgotten your Master Password, please refer to this page.