Below are all of the major features in our web app and our desktop apps.
We strongly recommend adopting the newer web app, which we're constantly enriching. It may not yet include every feature found in the desktop apps, but it offers a better overall experience for the features you care about most, such as autofill.
We’re in the process of moving over all key features and the majority of our additional features to the web app. See below for a breakdown of when you can expect certain features in the web app. Rest assured that we won’t be ending support for the desktop app until all the features marked as "Coming soon!" or "Planned" are added to the web app.
|Key features||Desktop app||Web app|
|Personal info (name, address, phone number, etc.)||✓||✓|
|Password Changer||✓||Coming soon!|
|Dark Web Monitoring||✓||✓|
|Registered devices management||✓|
|Ability to change Master Password||✓||✓|
|Ability to change contact email address||✓||Planned|
|Business features||Desktop app||Web app|
|Single sign-on (Dashlane Business plan)||✓|
|Account recovery for businesses||✓||Planned|
|Other features||Desktop app||Web app|
|Ability to correct autofill mistakes||✓|
|Secure file storage||✓||*|
|Sharing Center||✓||Coming soon!|
|Ability to enable/disable two-factor authentication||✓||Planned|
|U2F security key support||✓||*|
|Access to the Family Dashboard||✓|
|Credit monitoring (Premium Plus)||✓||✓|
|Identity Theft Insurance (Premium Plus)||✓||✓|
|Identity restoration service (Premium Plus)||✓||✓|
|Ability to add, remove or edit password categories||✓|
|Ability to add, remove or edit Secure note categories||✓|
* Password History: Only generated passwords can be retrieved in the web app's history. The desktop app's Password History shows modifications and deletions of passwords as well. It is planned that the web app's history can do the same soon.
* Secure file storage: This feature won't be implemented before we stop supporting the desktop apps but it will be implemented in the web app shortly after.
* U2F security key support: We have no plans to continue supporting the U2F standard and let customers use security keys for 2FA on the web app. However, we will support Yubikeys as an alternative to typing your Master Password (similar to using Face ID on an iOS device).
* Emergency Contact: We are not building the Emergency Contact feature into the web extension. Instead, we intend to build an improved experience to enable easier account co-ownership and digital delegation in case of an emergency. However, this means there will be a time period of several months between the end of support of the desktop apps and this new feature being available. We are currently working on developing a short-term solution that meets the needs of our customers in the interim.
* Receipts: We will not be supporting our receipts feature after ending the support of desktop apps. Prior to that milestone, we recommend that you save the receipts you wish to keep in a separate file storage tool, such as Dropbox or Evernote.