You can unlock the extension and web app using your device's built-in biometric unlock method (Windows Hello, Touch ID) or a hardware security key. Before turning on the Biometric unlock feature, please review its limitations.
Biometric unlock isn't available in Firefox or Safari, but you can use Touch ID to unlock the Safari app.
- The Keep me logged in for 14 days option isn't available when you've turned on the Biometric unlock feature. This feature is an alternative to keeping your session logged in for 14 days. If you've already turned on the Keep me logged in for 14 days option, you can turn on the Biometric or security key unlock and scan your fingerprint or plug in your security key the next time you log in.
- This feature doesn't fully replace your Master Password. Dashlane still asks for your Master Password every 14 days for security reasons and to make sure you don't forget it.
- If you manually log out of your account while the Biometric unlock feature is turned on, you must enter your Master Password the next time you log in. You also need to turn on the feature again from your Security settings. If you're a member of a Dashlane Team or Business plan, your plan admin can turn on a setting to automatically log you out when inactive. You also need to turn on the Biometrics unlock feature again.
- Currently, we support this feature only when logging in to your account. Dashlane still requires your Master Password to unlock your items, such as to view and autofill logins protected with your Master Password, or make changes to some of your settings, such as change your Master Password.
- Currently, you can't rename unlock methods. Dashlane automatically names the method "Biometric" in your account's security settings. If you've registered more than one unlock method, Dashlane names the first one "Biometric 1," the second "Biometric 2," and so on.
- This feature isn't available if you chose to authenticate yourself using your second factor each time you access your Dashlane account.
- This feature isn't available to members of a Dashlane Business plan who use single sign-on (SSO) to log in because they don't use a Master Password to encrypt their account.
- If you're running Opera on a macOS device, you can use this feature only with a security key, not biometrics.