Dashlane releases new updates every one or two weeks on the browser, Apple Store, and Android respectively. The updates keep the applications running smoothly and compliant with our security enforcements.
This is where you come in! Dashlane recommends that you keep your app updated so you have access to Dashlane's latest features and the most secure version.
As part of our ongoing efforts to keep our customers safe, Dashlane will deactivate all apps that haven't been updated in the last 12 months. To make sure you can continue to use the Dashlane app on your device, you need to update the Dashlane app on your device at least every 12 months.
- What are the reasons behind this decision?
- How do I make sure my Dashlane app is always up to date?
- I can't update Dashlane. What should I do?
What are the reasons behind this decision?
Dashlane decided to implement this policy for these reasons:
- Security: We frequently release new Dashlane app versions for security reasons. These releases can include patches for security vulnerabilities that help us guarantee the safety of your data.
- Bugs, crashes, and other issues: Each version includes improvements to iron out any issues found by developers. These enhancements make sure that software is running optimally.
- Compatibility: We release new versions to make sure the apps remain consistent with other updated technologies.
- Efficiency: Software updates provide increased usability and functions that improve the overall end-user experience.
How do I make sure my Dashlane app is always up to date?
We recommend that you use the most recent version of Dashlane that is compatible with your device. The most recent version allows you to have all of the latest improvements and features. You'll have the most up-to-date security updates, and, more importantly, the ability to continue to use Dashlane on your mobile device.
I can't update Dashlane. What should I do?
If your device doesn't support the latest version of Dashlane, we recommend that you upgrade your operating system. Upgrading the operating system is necessary so you can continue to use Dashlane.
On Android devices
On Android, you can find your device's operating system version in your app Settings and get notifications when new updates are available. You can also manually check for updates.
On iOS devices
On an iPhone or iPad, you can manually update or activate automatic updates to the latest version.
On Safari, we recommend that you upgrade your OS so you can use the current version of Dashlane. Apple allows you to upgrade your Mac for free.