Dark Web Insights is a dashboard available to admins of Dashlane Team and Business plans.
To set up Dark Web Insights, admins need to verify their company domain with a public DNS provider.
Note: Dark Web Insights can only integrate one domain for verification.
Verify your domain
- Select the Dashlane D icon in your browser’s toolbar and enter your admin Master Password if prompted. In the extension popup, select More and then Open the Admin Console. If you don't have the Dashlane extension installed yet, you can download it.
- In the Security Tools section, select Dark Web Insights.
- For Verify your domain to get the most accurate insights, enter the domain address you want to monitor, and select Continue
- A window appears with the HOSTNAME and TXT VALUE. Go to your Public DNS provider and create a new TXT record. The exact steps vary depending on your provider.
- Go back to Dashlane and copy the HOSTNAME and TXT VALUE into the new TXT record you created in your Public DNS provider. You can copy by selecting the copy icon.
Wait a few minutes for the DNS record to propagate through the internet, and then select Verify domain.
A green checkmark appears to verify your company email domain.
The domain verification might take up to 24 hours depending on your domain host. If it takes longer than this, please contact support.