As an admin of a Dashlane Starter, Team, or Business plan, Dark Web Insights helps you detect, assess, and remediate security risks in your organization.
To set up Dark Web Insights, admins need to verify their domain with a public DNS provider.
Note: Dark Web Insights can integrate only one domain for verification.
Verify your domain
- Select the Dashlane D icon in your browser's toolbar and enter your admin Master Password if prompted.
- In the extension pop-up, select More and then Open the Admin Console. If you don't have the Dashlane extension installed yet, you can download it.
- In the Tools section, select Dark Web Insights.
- For Verify your domain to get the most accurate insights, enter the domain you want to monitor, and select Continue.
A pop-up appears with the HOSTNAME and TXT VALUE.
- Go to your Public DNS provider and create a new TXT record. The exact steps vary depending on your provider.
- Go back to Dashlane and copy the HOSTNAME and TXT VALUE into the new TXT record you created in your Public DNS provider. You can copy by selecting the copy icon.
Wait a few minutes for the DNS record to propagate through the internet, and then select Verify domain.
A green checkmark appears when your domain has been verified.
Domain verification might take up to 24 hours depending on your domain host. If it takes longer than 24 hours, reach out to Dashlane Customer Support.