Dark Web Insights is a tool available to admins of Dashlane Team and Business plans. It helps admins detect, assess, and remediate security risks in their organization.
Dark Web Insights can identify vulnerabilities among all employees in an organization, even employees who don't have a Dashlane account yet. It does this by monitoring the dark web for employee email addresses to find domain-wide breaches and by scanning the web for compromised company information.
Access Dark Web Insights
- Select the Dashlane icon in your browser’s toolbar and enter your admin Master Password if prompted.
- In the extension pop-up, select More and then Open the Admin Console.
- In the Security Tools section, select Dark Web Insights.
If you already set up Dark Web Insights, you'll be brought straight to the tool. If you haven't set up Dark Web Insights yet, you see the option to verify your domain.
Use Dark Web Insights
Once Dark Web Insights is set up and the initial scan is run, your results are displayed.
If a breach is found, you can see a list of employee email addresses that have breaches on their domain. The information typically identified in breaches includes usernames and passwords, credit card numbers, Social Security Numbers, phone numbers, and postal and IP addresses.
Note: You may also see breaches for employees that are no longer in the company.
If an employee's data is breached, but they're not a member of your Dashlane plan yet, you can invite them.
- Select Invite from their email address in the Dark Web Insights tool. To invite all non-plan member employees at the same time, select Invite all.
- In the window that appears, add or delete emails from the invite list and select Send invites.
Plan members can also manage their own dark web breaches with Dark Web Monitoring as their work email addresses are automatically enrolled and monitored. Plus, they’ll receive alerts and next steps if their data is compromised.