Dark Web Insights is a tool available to admins of Dashlane Starter, Team, and Business plans. It helps admins detect, assess, and remediate security risks in their organizations.
Dark Web Insights can identify vulnerabilities across all employees in an organization, even employees who don't have a Dashlane account yet. It does this by monitoring the dark web for employee email addresses to find domain-wide breaches and by scanning the web for any compromised organization information.
Access Dark Web Insights
- Select the Dashlane icon in your browser’s toolbar. Enter your admin Master Password if prompted.
- In the extension pop-up, select More and then Open the Admin Console.
- In the Security Tools section, select Dark Web Insights.
If you already set up Dark Web Insights, Dashlane takes you straight to the tool. If you haven't set up Dark Web Insights yet, you see the option to verify your domain.
Use Dark Web Insights
Once Dark Web Insights has been set up and the initial scan is run, your results display.
If Dashlane finds a breach, you can see a list of employee email addresses that have breaches on their domain. The information typically identified in breaches includes usernames and passwords, credit card numbers, Social Security Numbers, phone numbers, and postal and IP addresses.
Note: You might also see breaches for employees that are no longer employed at your organization.
If an employee's data has been breached, but they're not a member of your Dashlane plan yet, you can invite them.
- In the Dark Web Insights tool, select Invite for their email address. To invite all non-plan member employees at the same time, select Invite all.
- In the pop-up, add or delete emails from the invite list and select Send invites.
Plan members can also manage their own dark web breaches with Dark Web Monitoring because Dashlane automatically enrolls and monitors their work email addresses. Plus, they’ll receive alerts and next steps if their data is compromised.