If you're an admin and want to move your organization to Dashlane, visit Migrate your organization from Bitwarden to Dashlane.
If you have a Dashlane account, you can move your logins from Bitwarden into Dashlane in three steps. If you don't have an account, you can create one for free or sign up for one of our paid plans.
Step 1: Export your data from Bitwarden
Export your data from Bitwarden to a CSV file. If you have any problems exporting, contact Bitwarden support.
Step 2: Import your data from Bitwarden into Dashlane
Import your Bitwarden CSV file into Dashlane using our web app or Android app. You can't import a CSV file to Dashlane using the iOS (Apple) or macOS app.
Important: CSV files aren't encrypted, and others can read them. Delete the CSV file from your device after you import your data.
Import your Bitwarden data with the web app
- In the Dashlane web app, select the My account menu. Then select Settings and Import data.
- For Import source, select Bitwarden. Then select Get Started.
- Drag your Bitwarden CSV file to the app or select browse your computer files to search for it, and then select Next.
- Preview your import. You can change whether Dashlane imports an item as a Login or a Secure Note.
- Select Import items. You'll see a confirmation with the number of items imported.
Import your Bitwarden data with the Android app
- Select + Add new, Logins, and then Want to import multiple logins?
- Select From another password manager and then Select file.
- Select the CSV file that you exported from Bitwarden and select Import.
Bitwarden allows you to export logins and Secure Notes. So your import will include logins and Secure Notes but not other data. Information that we couldn't import to a specific field will appear in the Note section of each login or the content of the Secure Note.
If you have any issues with import, check out the common problems at the end of this article, including using the Dashlane CSV template to prepare and import your data.
Step 3: Remove and uninstall Bitwarden
After you've moved your data into Dashlane, uninstall any Bitwarden apps. Otherwise, you might have problems using Autofill and other Dashlane features.
Bitwarden doesn't provide information on its website about how to turn off or uninstall its apps. If you're having trouble turning off or uninstalling Bitwarden, we recommend contacting their customer support.