You can move your logins from Microsoft Edge into Dashlane.
First, you need to export your logins from Microsoft Edge. Then you can import your data to Dashlane. After you import your logins, make sure to turn off or remove all other password managers in Microsoft Edge. Otherwise, you may have problems using Autofill and other Dashlane features.
Export your data from Microsoft Edge
You can export your data from Microsoft Edge to a CSV file. The file will contain all logins saved in your Microsoft Edge password manager. For each login, you'll export the item name, web address, username, and password. After you export your data, you can import the CSV file to Dashlane.
Microsoft doesn't provide information on its website for exporting data from Edge. You can try these steps or contact their customer support:
- Select the 3-dot menu in your Microsoft Edge browser, then select Settings.
- Select Profiles in the left menu and then select Passwords.
- You'll see a list of saved passwords. Select the 3-dot icon next to the list. Then select Export passwords. A pop-up opens.
- Select Export passwords again. A new pop-up opens.
- Enter the PIN or password you use to access your computer. Choose where to save your CSV file and select Save.
Important: CSV files aren't encrypted, and other people can read them. We recommend you delete the CSV file from your device as soon as you finish using the file.
Import your data to Dashlane
You can only import your data using the web or Android apps. At this time, you can't import a CSV file using the iOS (Apple) app.
Turn off password saving in Microsoft Edge
After you've imported your data, you're ready to use Dashlane to manage your online life. Make sure to turn off or remove apps and extensions for any other password managers in the browsers that you use.
Problems with importing data
Having trouble importing your data from a CSV file?