If your data isn't syncing, you can use the steps in this article to find out which app has the problem. If you know which app has the problem, remove the device from the list of devices you've added to Dashlane and sign in again.
Step 1: Log in to the web app in a private browsing window
- Right-click this link to the web app
- Select the option for opening the link in an Incognito or Private window, depending on your browser.
- Log in to the app:
- Enter your login email address and select Next.
- You're asked to enter a token or code sent to your email or mobile device. Enter the token or code in the Dashlane app and select Log in.
If you've installed Dashlane Authenticator, you'll get a push notification instead of a code or token. Open the Authenticator app and select Accept.
- In the main Dashlane app that you've opened in the incognito window, enter your Master Password and select Log in.
Step 2: Create a test login in the app you've opened in a private browsing window
- Select Logins and then + Add new.
- For the Item name, write "test web view." You don't need to add any other info. Select Save.
- Wait five minutes for your data to sync. You can also go to the My account menu and select Settings and then Sync now to sync immediately.
- Search for the test login in all other Dashlane apps you use.
The test login is missing in one or more of my apps
The app where the login is missing is having a sync problem. Follow these steps to solve the problem.
- Remove the device that's having the problem from the list of devices you've added to Dashlane.
- Log in on the device again.
I can see the test login in all of my apps
A few more steps are needed to determine which app has the problem. Move on to Step 3.
Step 3: Create test logins in your other Dashlane apps
- Add test logins in all the apps where you use Dashlane.
- Give each test login a unique Item name that includes the app where it was created. Examples:
- "test PC Chrome"
- "test iOS"
- "test Mac"
- "test Android"
- Wait five minutes for your data to sync. Or go to your settings and select Sync now.
- Open the web app in an Incognito or Private window as described in Step 1.
- Check that all your test logins are visible.
If you don't see a test login in the web app when opened in a private browsing window, the app where you created the login has a sync problem. Complete Steps 4 and 5.
Step 4: Back up your data from the app that's having the problem
You can only export data from the web or Android mobile apps.
If possible, export your data from the app having the problem to a CSV file or a secure DASH file. After you fix the problem, you can import the file to Dashlane to add any missing items to your account.