In Dashlane, you might receive the message, "Please check your internet connection." Dashlane might have difficulty connecting to our servers. Most often, something about the network you're using limits Dashlane's ability to connect.
In this article, learn more about what you can do when you need to check your connection at work or at home.
At work or on a company network
To use the web app in a work environment, add the exceptions in the list to your firewall or proxy for Dashlane. You may want to check the list with your IT team, if possible. The port used for all these domains is 443 (https).
Domains to be cleared by your firewall for Dashlane:
- www.dashlane.com — Website
- ws1.dashlane.com — Normal Web services and sync
- logs.dashlane.com — Logs Web services
- 127.0.0.1 – Local network used by the browser extensions (ports: 11456, 15674, 17896, 21953, 32954)
- d3qm0vl2sdkrc.cloudfront.net — CDN releases Windows
- d3mfqat9ni8wb5.cloudfront.net — CDN releases macOS
- d3javy00tucpoj.cloudfront.net — CDN website
- *.s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com — Used by the installers, the icons…
- blog.dashlane.com — In-app tips
- support.dashlane.com — In-app help
- lb.gravatar.com — Contact icons for the sharing and emergency features
- gate.hockeyapp.net — Used to collect crash reports through HockeyApp
- api.twitter.com – Optional, required only when sending invitation links on social media as part of our referral program
- www.facebook.com – Optional, required only when sending invitation links on social media as part of our referral program
- graph.facebook.com – Optional, required only when sending invitation links on social media as part of our referral program
Domains to be cleared for the Dashlane web app:
After you've cleared the domains and if the issue isn't resolved, check the next section or contact our Customer Support team.
At home or on a personal network
You might have a problem with your antivirus software. The software can block or delete our TLS/SSL certificates, which are required to connect securely to our servers. Without those certificates, the Dashlane extension can't connect to our servers.
You can try to disable the Dashlane extension and all the features of your antivirus software temporarily, and then re-enable Dashlane.
If you still can't resolve the issue, use the "Contact us" link in the previous section or near the page footer.