Yes, all Dashlane customers can invite their friends to join Dashlane.
If the invitation is successful, Dashlane grants the person sending the invitation and the person they referred a referral reward of six months of Dashlane Premium. You can successfully refer up to four people for an additional six months of Premium and earn up to two years of free Premium.
Note: If you have an existing subscription, your plan is set to renew at the end of the subscription period automatically. Also, the virtual private network (VPN) feature isn't available to free Premium customers.
Invite a friend
In the web app
- Open the web app: select the Dashlane D icon in your browser's toolbar and enter your Master Password if prompted. Then select Open the web app.
- In the My account menu, select Settings and then Refer a friend.
In the mobile apps
- Select Settings and then invite friends.
Three ways to share the referral link
- Copy your referral link that appears in orange to share it directly with your friends.
- Enter their email addresses and select Send. Dashlane sends the referral link.
- Post the referral link on Facebook and Twitter.
When one of your friends accepts your invitation, Dashlane grants you both a referral reward.
Why was I not granted a referral reward?
Your invitation may not work for these reasons:
- The person invited to join Dashlane didn't use the link provided—either by you or in the email Dashlane sent—to create their account. In this case, you can send them another invite to a different email address or contact us to fix this issue. Send us both of your email addresses in your message.
- The person invited already had a Dashlane account associated with their email address. In this case, they're not eligible for the referral program.
- You've reached the limit of two years of Premium or successfully referred four people.
We have a system in place to prevent the abuse of this referral program to obtain free, unlimited Premium. However, if a person doesn't have an account and did open the correct referral link, a problem may have mistakenly prevented the referral reward. If you think this might be the case, contact us and provide both of your email addresses.
The code is said to be invalid
If you attempt to redeem your code and receive an error message that the code is invalid, you may be part of a Dashlane Team or Business plan. Team and Business members can't redeem Dashlane Premium promotional codes. We don't currently have referral codes for Dashlane Team or Business plans.
If you're not part of a Team or Business plan and receive an error message, contact us.