We do our best to handle all websites, but you may come across some sites where Dashlane is not able to log you in automatically or save your credentials. Here is what you can do when you find a site that has forms that Dashlane does not properly fill out.
- Why isn't Dashlane working properly on a specific site?
- How to fix issues with Dashlane on a specific site
Why isn't Dashlane working properly on a specific site?
Please check this list if Dashlane is not autofilling a page or a site correctly:
- Please make sure that Dashlane is working in your browser. You should see the Dashlane icon in your browser and it should be outlined in the color teal to show that you are logged in (except in Safari, where the icon must be dark gray).
- Check that there is an impala icon in the fields. A gray impala means we have detected the field but Dashlane does not have this data in your Dashlane account yet. A blue impala means that Dashlane has detected the field and you do have the data needed to fill it.
- You have tried logging in to this site from another browser (if possible) or by closing and reopening your browser.
- You have tried refreshing the page.
- Please check that the site is not one of the following formats that we do not support yet:
- A Flash site — Right-click the login field to see if it's Flash or not – or SilverLight.
- A form with a virtual keyboard (also referred to as an on-screen keyboard) — We can only provide limited support for those forms. On most websites, if you already have a credential in Dashlane, (click here to find out how to achieve that) we will autofill your login. We won't, however, be able to autofill the password or click the login button, as those actions are meant by the site to be carried out manually. NB: If even this "best effort" solution is not working for you, please submit a ticket with the name of the site. We will fix it as soon as we can.
- A page with a captcha code — Dashlane cannot autofill captcha codes since these are temporary codes, generated by the site.
Note that for security reasons, Dashlane will not automatically fill in your information in an iframe, though you can manually trigger Dashlane to do so.
How to fix issues with Dashlane on a specific site
Report issues via the Web extension
If you are still unable to get Dashlane to work properly with the field, you can use our browser extension to report this site! Please note that this is available for Chrome, Firefox and Safari (not for Internet Explorer yet).
Go to the page where you're having a problem filling in the fields with Dashlane.
Click on the Dashlane icon in your browser and go to the second tab, for This website.
Here, you can click on Report an issue to send us your site.
Now you can choose the Type of issue. For example, you can pick Incorrect autofill of my data from this list if Dashlane is putting the wrong info in a field.
Please also add a short description of the issue on this page or site. You can decide whether you want to add a screenshot and HTML file of that page. This will help us fix the issue a lot quicker!
Make sure you don't have any personal information on the page before clicking on Send. This will send us your description and the URL of the page so that we can look into this!
Customize Dashlane's autofill in your browser
If you use the Dashlane web extension, and you come across a website or page that Dashlane cannot analyze or did not analyze properly, you can change the information type you want to fill into a field yourself. The next time you come to the site, it will remember your corrections. Even better, the feature learns over time so that you benefit from updates other Dashlane users are making.
If Dashlane autofilled the wrong information on one or multiple fields, simply click on this field and you should see a new option called Experiencing an autofill issue? Fix it now. Click it, and you will then be able to choose a new information type that Dashlane will then use in order to autofill your data. For instance, in the clip above, Dashlane autofilled a phone number into a First name field. In order to fix it, choose the Identity information type, then First name. You will see the change apply instantly!
- You will not be able to choose the actual data that Dashlane will autofill - only the information type. The information autofilled will be based off the information stored into your Dashlane account
- Once you choose a new information type to autofill, Dashlane will remember this change on this device and browser, and you will not have to edit it once again
- In the list of data types, you can choose an option called Nothing. Please be very mindful with this option: if you choose it, Dashlane will no longer autofill your data on this particular field