Because sometimes you might not want Dashlane to automatically log you in to a website or autofill some sensitive information, you can disable Dashlane on any page or website.
Although we do our best to handle all websites, you might come across some websites where the form fields are not properly recognized. As a result, Dashlane may not be able to log you in automatically or save your credentials. This article provides some ways you can fix this issue.
If you run into Autofill issues with the web forms on a website you built or manage, learn how you can optimize the HTML to work better with Dashlane.
- Troubleshooting why Dashlane isn't working on a specific site
- How to disable or re-enable Dashlane on a website or form field
- How to fix issues with Dashlane on a specific site
Troubleshooting why Dashlane isn't working on a specific site
Please go through this quick checklist to see why Dashlane might not be working the way it's supposed to when autofilling forms or pages:
- Please make sure that you have the latest version of Dashlane and your browser installed on your computer. Check Dashlane's minimum requirements.
- Make sure that Dashlane is working in your browser. You should see the Dashlane icon in your browser, and it should be dark green to show that you are logged in (except in Safari, where the icon will be dark grey).
- Check that there is a Dashlane D icon in the fields in question. A dark Dashlane D means that Dashlane has detected the field and has the data needed to fill it. If the Dashlane D icons are grey, it means that although Dashlane has detected the field, it cannot find the corresponding data in your Dashlane account.
- Refresh the page and clear the cookies and caches on your browser.
- Log in to this site from another browser (if possible) or by closing and reopening your browser.
- Make sure that your browser's password manager is not overriding Dashlane.
- Check that none of the following are true:
- You're using a form with a virtual keyboard, also referred to as an on-screen keyboard. Dashlane provides limited support for these forms. On most websites, if you already have a credential in Dashlane (see how to add a credential to Dashlane), Dashlane will autofill your login but can't autofill the password or click the login button because the site wants you to carry out those actions manually.
- You're trying to autofill a captcha code. Dashlane cannot autofill captcha codes since these are temporary codes generated by the website.
- You're trying to log in to a site using Flash or SilverLight. Right-click the login field to see if this is the case.
Dashlane will not autofill your information inside an iframe for security reasons, but you can manually trigger Dashlane to do so.
How to disable or re-enable Dashlane on a website or form field
What can be disabled on a website?
You can disable a specific form field, a single page in a website, or an entire website.
How to disable Dashlane autofill on a webpage or website
If you encounter unexpected behavior from Dashlane on a webpage or you don’t want Dashlane to display the autofill menu with your personal data, you can disable autofill either on one unique web page, the entire website, or a unique form field. Although this will prevent Dashlane from offering to autofill your personal info (name, phone number, address, email), you'll still be able to log in to the website automatically.
To disable autofill:
- Go to the page or site where you want to disable autofill.
- Click the Dashlane extension icon in your browser.
- In the extension menu, click the Autofill tab to access the Website Settings.
- Choose either This entire website or This page only to control the autofill settings in the entire website or a particular webpage.
- Choose an option:
- Everything: Have Dashlane working fully.
- Only logins and passwords: Autofill login information only.
- Don't autofill: Completely disable Dashlane on this website or page.
If you disable Dashlane autofill for the entire website, it will not work on any website page.
Note: If you've disabled the autofill feature for an entire website and Dashlane still autofills that particular website, please try clearing the browser cache and cookies.
To re-enable autofill, choose the Everything option. Remember to choose this option for both This page only or This entire website to get Dashlane to autofill your personal data again.
How to disable Dashlane autofill on a specific form field
To prevent Dashlane from filling in a specific form field in a website:
- Click the field to see the Dashlane popup card.
- Click the three dots in the top-right corner of the web card to disable a particular field in a website.
- To temporarily disable autofill for that particular field, select the pause for this visit option. However, if you revisit or refresh this page, you will see the Dashlane logo again. Note that this option only temporarily disables the autofill option for that visit.
- To permanently disable autofill for a particular form field, select the Pause until I turn it back on option. Dashlane will not autofill this field until you choose to revert the settings. You will also see a popup card like the one below.
To see how many fields you have turned off in a particular webpage, click your Dashlane D extension icon.
How to fix issues with Dashlane on a specific site
Correct and customize Dashlane's autofill in your browser
Sometimes you may come across a website or page that Dashlane cannot or did not analyze properly. You can change the information type you want to autofill into a field. The next time you come to the site, it will autofill the information you chose.
To correct autofill:
- Click the field to see the Dashlane popup card.
- Click the three dots in the top-right corner of the web card
- Choose the Autofill something else option.
- Select the information type that Dashlane will use to autofill your data from the drop-down box, and Dashlane will save this information.
In the example above, the form field had two options for autofill: the phone number and the email address. Dashlane automatically chose to use the email address. If you want to autofill the mobile number instead, select the Personal info information type and the Phone number. Dashlane applies the change immediately.
- You cannot choose the actual data that Dashlane will autofill, only the type of data. As usual, the data proposed for autofill is based on the information you have in your Dashlane account.
- When you choose a new information type, Dashlane will remember the change on that device and browser. These personal preferences are stored in your browser's cache.
- In the list of data types, you can choose the Nothing option. But please remember that if you use this option, Dashlane will no longer autofill your data in this particular field.