The Admin Console allows business plan admins to easily monitor and manage their plan members' password security.
Admins can perform these actions in the Admin Console:
- Provision Dashlane accounts by adding and removing users
- Monitor their account's billing information and invoices
- Check plan members' Dashlane security scores for passwords stored in their work Space
- Review each plan member's password health and score
- Review the overall score for the company to help combat poor password practices
- See how the score has changed over time and still maintain member privacy to encourage unique passwords
- Designate a billing contact who only has access to the Account summary tab to view invoices and edit the payment method for the account
Access the Admin Console
Only admins can access the Admin Console, and admins have access to all tabs within the Console. The billing contact only has access to the Account tab if they aren't also an admin.
Access the Admin Console in three ways:
- Option 1: Go directly to console.dashlane.com.
- Option 2: In the Dashlane web app, select My account and then Admin Console.
- Option 3: In the Dashlane browser extension, select More and then Open the Admin Console.
When you try to log in to the Console, if you're repeatedly sent back to the login page, explore these three possible causes:
- You no longer have admin status on your plan because you were removed from the plan or were given member status by another admin.
- You no longer have admin status on your plan because you reset your Dashlane account. If no other admins are on the plan, contact Customer Support to help you regain access to the Console.
- Your plan is no longer active or expired for lack of payment. Contact Customer Support from your admin's email address.
If these items aren't the cause and you still can't access the Admin Console, first clear your browser’s cache and cookies and then use a different browser. If that still doesn't work, contact Customer Support.
Navigate the Admin Console
Watch this video for a quick tour of the Dashlane Admin Console.
The Admin Console contains five tabs. Admins and billing contacts can manage their business plan and take the actions necessary for their plan's organization and security.
- Dashboard: Monitor your team's overall Password Health score through a dynamic graph to identify ways to help plan members maintain good password health and increase your company's overall score.
- Users: Add or revoke members or upgrade members to admins. You can also check the status of a member's invitation to the plan and resend invites. You can view security scores for passwords in plan members' work Space and the average security score of the company. Hover over each individual security score to see the plan members' breakdown of safe/weak/reused/compromised passwords. Then, make recommendations to a team so they can improve their scores accordingly.
Note this information:
- The Password Health Score column remains blank until a member saves at least five passwords in their business Space
- Select to show only Active, Pending, or Revoked users, or whatever combination is most practical
- The number in the Passwords column refers only to those passwords located in a member's business Space
- The Last Activity column shows when a member last performed an action logged to Dashlane servers
- Groups: Add new, delete old, or rename existing sharing groups, as well as add or remove members from groups. If you sync groups with your Active Directory (AD), AD overwrites any changes you make to those groups on the next sync. You need to make changes directly in AD.
- Activity logs: View all recent admin and member activity, such as inviting or revoking members as well as adding or deleting sharing groups. You can also view authentications on new devices and updates to Dashlane accounts' settings. Activating or deactivating 2FA methods are also listed here. Admins can export these logs to a CSV file to help them measure and diagnose password use at their organization. Admins can also approve or decline member account recovery requests from this tab.
- Settings: Set your plan's company-wide policies with our Smart Space Management feature, browser extension abilities, and security preferences.
You access your team's Account summary through the Account menu in the Admin Console.
From the Account summary tab, you can perform these actions:
- View a summary of the plan, including the number of seats purchased and the expiration date
- Edit the company's name on the plan
- Buy more seats
- Edit the payment method
- Designate a billing contact
- Consult and retrieve the invoices for the subscription
The Log out button allows you to securely log out of the Admin Console before you leave the page.
Note: To protect your plan's privacy, you're automatically logged out of the Admin Console when you close your browser.
If you enabled 2FA on your Dashlane account, this setting also applies to your Admin Console login. Each time you enter your Master Password, Dashlane asks you to enter a security code.