The Admin Console allows business plan admins to quickly and easily monitor and manage their users' password security.
With this tool, you can do the following:
- Provision Dashlane accounts by adding and removing users.
- Monitor their account's billing information and invoices.
- Check users' Dashlane Security Scores for passwords stored in their work Space. You can review each user's password health and score and the overall score for the company to help combat poor password practices. It also shows how the score has changed over time while maintaining employee privacy to encourage unique passwords.
- Designate a billing contact who will have access only to the account summary tab to view invoices and edit the payment method for the account.
Access the Admin Console
Only admins can access the Admin Console, and admins have access to all tabs within the Console. Assuming they are not also an admin, the billing contact has access only to the Account tab.
You can access the Admin Console in several ways.
- Option 1: Go directly to console.dashlane.com.
- Option 2: In the Dashlane web app, click My Account, then Admin Console.
- Option 3: In the Dashlane browser extension, open the "more" menu (the three horizontal dot icon to the far right), and click Open the Admin Console.
Trouble logging in?
When trying to log in to the Console, if you're repeatedly sent back to the login page, explore these three possible causes:
- You no longer have admin status on your plan because you were removed from the plan or were given a user status by another admin.
- You no longer have admin status on your plan because you reset your Dashlane account. If there are no other admins on the plan, please contact Support to help you regain access to the Console.
- Your plan is no longer active or expired for lack of payment. Please contact Support from your admin's email address.
If these items are not the cause and you still can't access the Admin Console, first try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies and using a different browser. If that still doesn't work, please contact Support.
Navigate the Admin Console
Watch the following video for a quick tour of the Dashlane Admin Console.
The Admin Console contains five tabs that help admins and billing contacts manage their business plan and take the actions necessary for their plan's organization and security:
- Dashboard: Monitor your team's overall Password Health Score through a dynamic graph to identify ways to help users maintain good password health and increase your company's overall score.
- Users: Add or revoke users, or upgrade users to admins. You can also check the status of the user's invitation to the plan, resend invites, and view Security Scores for passwords in their users' work Space and the average security score of the company. When hovering over each individual security score, you can see the users' breakdown of safe/weak/reused/compromised passwords and make recommendations to their team to improve their scores accordingly. Please note the following:
- The Password Health Score column remains blank until the user saves at least five passwords in their business Space. You can also select to display only Active, Pending, or Revoked users, or whatever combination is most practical.
- The number in the Passwords column refers only to those passwords located in the user's business Space.
- The Last Activity column displays when the user last performed an action logged to our servers.
- Groups: Add new, delete old, or rename existing Sharing Groups, as well as add or remove users from Groups. Learn more about the Sharing Groups feature. If you sync Groups using your Active Directory (AD), AD will overwrite any changes you make to those Groups on the next sync. You must make changes directly in AD. Learn more about our AD Group Sync.
- Activity Log: Lists all recent admin activity, such as inviting or revoking users or adding or deleting Sharing Groups, employee activity, such as authenticating a new device or updating a setting for their Dashlane account. Admins can export these logs to a CSV file to help them measure and diagnose password use at their company. From this tab, admins can also approve or decline user Account Recovery requests.
- Settings: Set your plan's company-wide policies with our Smart Space Management feature, browser extension abilities, and security preferences. Learn more about settings and policies.
You access your team's Account Summary through the Account menu located in the upper-right corner of the Admin Console.
The Account Summary is where you can do the following:
- View a summary of the plan, including the number of seats purchased and the expiration date.
- Edit the company's name on the plan.
- Buy more seats.
- Edit the payment method.
- Designate a billing contact.
- Consult and retrieve the invoices for the subscription.
The "Log Out" button allows you to securely log out of the Admin Console before leaving the page.
Note: To protect your plan's privacy, you will automatically be logged out of the Admin Console when you close your browser.
If you enabled two-factor authentication (2FA) on your Dashlane account, this setting also applies to your Admin Console login. Each time you enter your Master Password, Dashlane will then ask you to enter a security code.