If you're an admin and want to move your organization to Dashlane, visit Migrate your organization from RoboForm to Dashlane.
If you have a Dashlane account, you can move your logins from RoboForm into Dashlane in three steps. If you don't have an account, you can create one for free or sign up for one of our paid plans.
Step 1: Export your data from RoboForm
Export your data from RoboForm to a CSV file. If you have any problems exporting, contact RoboForm support.
Important: After exporting your data, you need to make one small change to your RoboForm CSV file. Open the file on your computer and change the column "Pwd" to "Password" before moving on to the next step.
Step 2: Import your data from RoboForm into Dashlane
Import your RoboForm CSV file into Dashlane using our web app or Android app. You can't import a CSV file to Dashlane using the iOS (Apple) or macOS app.
Important: CSV files aren't encrypted, and others can read them. Delete the CSV file from your device after you import your data.
Import your RoboForm data with the web app
- In the Dashlane web app, select the My account menu. Then select Settings and Import data.
- For Import source, select Other CSV. Then select Get Started.
- Drag your RoboForm CSV file to the app or select browse your computer files to search for it, and then select Next.
- Preview your import. You can change whether Dashlane imports an item as a Login or a Secure Note.
Important: All items imported from RoboForm will be listed as Logins automatically. During this step, change any notes in your import file to Secure Notes.
- Select Import items. You'll see a confirmation with the number of items imported.
Import your RoboForm data with the Android app
- Select + Add new, Logins, and then Want to import multiple logins?
- Select From another password manager and then Select file.
- Select the CSV file that you exported from RoboForm and select Import.
Note: When you import using the Android app, notes might be imported as logins. To import your notes as Secure Notes, use the web app instead.
RoboForm allows you to export logins and Secure Notes. So your import will include logins and Secure Notes but not other data. Information that we couldn't import to a specific field will appear in the Note section of each login or the content of the Secure Note.
If you have any issues with import, check out the common problems at the end of this article, including using the Dashlane CSV template to prepare and import your data.
Step 3: Uninstall RoboForm
After you've moved your data into Dashlane, uninstall any RoboForm apps. Otherwise, you might have problems using Autofill and other Dashlane features.