Try the following steps to rule out some possible causes for the issues you may experience when you try to share items.
Reinstall the browser extension
- To remove the extension, right-click the Dashlane D in your browser toolbar. In the menu, select the option to remove the extension from your browser.
- Install it again using this link: https://www.dashlane.com/extension/standalone
- For Edge or Chrome, select the Extensions icon, shown as a puzzle piece or a cardboard box. Select the Pin icon to pin the extension to the toolbar. For Firefox, select the Extensions menu, shown as a puzzle piece. Select the gear icon for Dashlane and select Pin to Toolbar.
Clear the browser's cache and cookies
You might have a temporary problem with the app or browser you're using with Dashlane. We recommend trying these possible solutions.
Trigger a manual sync for your account
- Make an edit to one of the items you tried to share, for example, add a note to a login's Note field or add a character to the item's name.
- Save the changes.
- Manually force a sync in one of these ways:
- Select the Dashlane D icon in your browser’s toolbar and enter your Master Password if prompted. In the extension pop-up's bottom menu, select Sync, shown as circling arrows.
- From the web app, select the My account menu, select Settings, and then select Sync now.
- Try to share the item again.
These steps tend to resolve most of the common sharing issues we see. However, if you still have issues after you try these steps, contact Customer Support. If you can, include other details or screenshots and screen recordings.