You can securely share one or more logins and Secure Notes with other people who use Dashlane. You can share with one person or multiple people and groups from the web or mobile app. The people you share with also need to have Dashlane accounts.
When you make a change to a shared item, the information updates for everyone who shares that item, so that everyone has the most up-to-date information. Occasionally, you and your recipients might have sync issues, and the item doesn't update for everyone. Your recipients might also not receive the shared item immediately.
Try the following steps to rule out some possible causes for the issues you may experience when you try to share or receive items.
Trigger a manual sync for your account
- Make an edit to one of the items you tried to share. For example, add a note to a login's Note field or add a character to the item's name and select Save.
- Save the changes.
- Manually force a sync in one of these ways:
- Select the Dashlane D icon in your browser’s toolbar and enter your Master Password if prompted. In the extension pop-up's bottom menu, select Sync, shown as circling arrows.
- From the web app, select the My account menu, select Settings, and then select Sync now.
- Try to share the item again.
An item isn't showing up for a specific person
- Confirm that the item is shared with the person.
- Go to that specific item and select the Shared Access tab. You'll see a list of all the people and groups that you shared the item with.
- Force another sync.
- Make a small change to the item to force a sync. For example, add a note to a login's Note field or add a character to the item's name and select Save.
- Revoke and reshare.
- Select the specific item to open the details panel and then select the Shared Access tab.
- Select Edit permissions next to the person's name.
- Select Revoke access and then select Change rights. Select Revoke access again to confirm.
- Share the item again with the affected person.
Share with someone who doesn't have a Dashlane account
If you share an item with someone who doesn't have a Dashlane account, they receive an email notification and a link to create a Dashlane account. If the recipient uses the same email address to create a Dashlane account, you don't have to share the item again.
The recipient needs to accept your invitation before accessing the shared item.
- In the web app, select the bell icon next to the My account menu to see any pending invitations.
- On your Android app, open the top-left menu and select Notification Center.
- On your iPhone app, select Notifications in the bottom menu.
If the recipient logs in to their account and doesn't see a notification about the share, they can try going back to the invitation email and selecting the link again.
If sync still doesn't work, verify the recipient's email address and reshare the item. The recipient can also follow the steps in the other section about triggering a manual sync.
My data isn't showing up on a specific device
- Make sure you're logged in with the same Dashlane account on all your devices.
- Log out and log back in on any devices you think might be affected. Logging out and logging in can fix most sync problems.
- If logging out and logging in again doesn't fix your problem, you can take steps to find out which device is causing the problem. Remove that device from the list of devices you've added to Dashlane. Then log in on the device again.
Reinstall the browser extension
- To remove the extension, right-click the Dashlane D in your browser toolbar. In the menu, select the option to remove the extension from your browser.
- Install it again using this link: https://www.dashlane.com/extension/standalone
- For Edge or Chrome, select the Extensions icon, shown as a puzzle piece or a cardboard box. Select the Pin icon to pin the extension to the toolbar. For Firefox, select the Extensions menu, shown as a puzzle piece. Select the gear icon for Dashlane and select Pin to Toolbar.
Clear the browser's cache and cookies
You might have a temporary problem with the app or browser you're using with Dashlane. We recommend trying these possible solutions.