If you want to use Dashlane on Safari: With the Dashlane Safari extension, you can use more of Dashlane's features and tools without needing to open the separate Dashlane macOS app. You have access to our feature-rich extension pop-up and in-browser vault view, as well as the best Autofill capabilities that Dashlane has to offer.
Get started with the Dashlane Safari extension
Correct and customize Autofill in your browser
Sometimes you may come across a website or page that Dashlane can't or didn't analyze properly. You can change the type of information you want to autofill. The next time you come to the site, Dashlane autofills the information you chose.
Steps to correct Autofill:
- Place your cursor in the field to see the Dashlane pop-up and select the 3-dot menu.
- Choose the Autofill something else option. Select the type of information that Dashlane will use to autofill your data. Dashlane remembers your selection.
For example, a form field has two options for autofill: the phone number and the email address.
Dashlane automatically chooses to use the email address. If you want to autofill the phone number instead, select the Personal info information type and the Phone number. Dashlane applies the change immediately.
Instead of selecting the 3-dot menu, select the magnifying glass at the top of the list. You can choose a specific item in your vault to autofill a field. You can either search for suggested items in the Suggested list or select All items to view all the items in your vault.
- Some forms may have multiple lines for your address, or you may have more than one name to choose from for payment info. You can view the details for each form field on a website and make the proper selection.
- When you choose a new information type, Dashlane remembers the change on that device and browser. Dashlane stores these personal preferences in your browser's cache.
- In the list of data types, you can choose the Nothing option. If you choose this option, Dashlane will no longer autofill your data in this field.