To use the Android app, you can either create an account on the Android app or log in to your existing Dashlane account. If you're not sure whether your device is compatible with Dashlane, check our minimum requirements.
If you're a Dashlane Business plan member who logs in using single sign-on (SSO), check out our SSO article as the process is a bit different.
Complete these steps to get started with the Android app:
- Download the Android app
- Create or log in to your Dashlane account
- Follow the onboarding checklist
- Explore the app
Step 1: Download the Android app
If you haven't installed Dashlane on your Android device, go to the Google Play Store and download Dashlane.
Step 2: Create or log in to your Dashlane account
When you open the app for the first time, you can log in to your existing Dashlane account or create a new Dashlane account.
- If you already have a Dashlane account, log in to the app
- If you need to create a Dashlane account, follow these steps
If you already have a Dashlane account
To use your existing account on Android, log in:
- At the bottom of the introductory screens, select Login.
- Enter your account login email address and your Master Password.
We send a 6-digit verification code to your email that you use to authorize your account on this new device. You can manage your authorized devices from the web app.
If you have a problem with your verification code, close the app and reopen it. You'll receive a new verification code in your email. Make sure you check your spam or junk mail folder.
If you subscribe to Dashlane Premium, each time you add a new device to your Dashlane account, your data automatically syncs to that device.
If you need to create a Dashlane account
To create an account, follow the instructions in the app:
- At the bottom of the introductory screens, select Get Started.
- Enter the email address you want to use for your account. You use this address to log into your Dashlane account on all your devices.
This email address is also where you receive our verification emails, but you can always set a different contact address later.
- Create your Master Password, which is the password you use to log in to your Dashlane account.
- Select Continue. To help you create your Master Password, select Need help? See our tips. Remember that if you don't like the password you created, you can always change it later.
- Enter your Master Password again.
- Choose whether to turn on two features that can make using Dashlane even easier:
- Biometric unlock: Unlock the app using your fingerprint or a PIN code instead of entering your Master Password each time you log in.
- Master Password reset: Use biometrics to reset your Master Password if you forget it. We strongly recommend you turn on this feature.
For security reasons, your Master Password isn't stored on Dashlane's servers, and your data can't be decrypted without it. Keep in mind that if you forget your Master Password, we won't be able to recover your account unless you've previously turned on Master Password reset.Reset your Master Password using biometrics
Step 3: Follow the onboarding checklist
To help you get started, the app asks you what we can do to make your life easier. Depending on your answers, we determine the best way to get you started with Dashlane. Then, you'll go through a personalized onboarding checklist to walk you through setting up your account.
Step 4: Explore the app
You can explore the app starting from the main menu.
Select Home and then the plus icon, which prompts a list of sections. In each section, you can add certain types of data:
- Logins: You can add your logins and any related details.
- Secure Notes: You can add information that you want to store securely but have access to everywhere. For example, you can add your WiFi passwords or software licenses and important documents like a scan of your passport or ID.
- Personal Info: You can add all the contact details that you want Dashlane to autofill, including name, phone number, address, email, company website, and more.
- Payments: You can add your credit cards, bank accounts, and PayPal information that you want Dashlane to autofill.
- IDs: You can add your ID card or passport information that you want Dashlane to be able to autofill.
Make accessing your data even easier
If you didn't turn on the Biometric unlock and Master Password reset security features when creating your account, you can turn them on now to make accessing your data even easier.
To unlock the app using your fingerprint or a PIN code instead of entering your Master Password each time you log in, set up Biometric unlock.
Master Password reset
To use biometrics to reset your Master Password if you forget it, we strongly recommend you turn on Master Password reset.
For security reasons, your Master Password isn't stored on Dashlane's servers, and your data can't be decrypted without it. Keep in mind that if you forget your Master Password, we won't be able to recover your account unless you've previously turned on Master Password reset.
To control these and other helpful security features, go to the Settings tab and select Security.
To benefit from the full value of Dashlane on Android, we strongly recommend you also turn on Autofill.
To control the autofilling of data, go to the Settings tab and select General.
Want to know about the features offered on Dashlane's Android app?
Want to learn about managing your data on Android?
After you learn the basics, visit the Android section of our Help Center to become an expert on using the Dashlane app on your Android device.