To use the Android app, you can either create an account on the Android app or log in to your existing Dashlane account. If you're not sure whether your device is compatible with Dashlane, check our minimum requirements.
If you're a Dashlane Business plan member who logs in using single sign-on (SSO), check out our SSO article as the process is a bit different.
Complete these steps to get started with the Android app:
- Download the Android app
- Create or log in to your Dashlane account
- Follow the onboarding checklist
- Explore the app
Step 1: Download the Android app
If you haven't installed Dashlane on your Android device, go to the Google Play Store and download Dashlane.
Step 2: Create or log in to your Dashlane account
When you open the app for the first time, you can log in to your existing Dashlane account or create a new Dashlane account.
- If you already have a Dashlane account, log in to the app
- If you need to create a Dashlane account, follow these steps
If you already have a Dashlane account
To use your existing account on Android, log in:
- At the bottom of the introductory screens, select Login.
- Enter your account login email address and your Master Password.
Find out what to do if you forget your Master Password
We send a 6-digit verification code to your email that you use to authorize your account on this new device. You can manage your authorized devices from the web app.
Manage your authorized devices
If you have a problem with your verification code, close the app and reopen it. You'll receive a new verification code in your email. Make sure you check your spam or junk mail folder.
If you subscribe to Dashlane Premium, each time you add a new device to your Dashlane account, your data automatically syncs to that device.
Go to Step 3: Follow the onboarding checklist
If you need to create a Dashlane account
To create an account, follow the instructions in the app:
- At the bottom of the introductory screens, select Get Started.
- Enter the email address you want to use for your account. You use this address to log into your Dashlane account on all your devices.
This email address is also where you receive our verification emails, but you can always set a different contact address later.
Change your contact email address
- Create your Master Password, which is the password you use to log in to your Dashlane account. Your Master Password is the only password you need to remember when you use Dashlane. And the most important thing you can do to keep your account secure is to create a strong Master Password.
- Select Continue. To help you create your Master Password, select Need help? See our tips. Remember that if you don't like the Master Password you created, you can always change your password later.
- Enter your Master Password again.
- Choose whether to turn on two settings that can make using Dashlane even easier:
- Biometric unlock: Unlock the app using your fingerprint or a PIN code instead of entering your Master Password each time.
- Biometric recovery: Use biometrics to reset your Master Password if you forget it. We strongly recommend you turn on this setting.
You must enter your Master Password to verify your identity and access your data. Only you know your Master Password. For security reasons, we never store or share your Master Password. No one at Dashlane knows your Master Password, and we can't send you your password if you forget it. If you do forget your Master Password, you can lose the data you’ve stored in Dashlane.
Reset your Master Password using biometrics
Step 3: Follow the onboarding checklist
To help you get started, the app asks you what we can do to make your life easier. Depending on your answers, we determine the best way to get you started with Dashlane. Then, you'll go through a personalized onboarding checklist to walk you through setting up your account.
Step 4: Explore the app
You can explore the app starting from the main menu.
Select Home and then the plus icon, which prompts a list of sections. In each section, you can add certain types of data:
- Logins: You can add your logins and any related details.
- Categories: You can create custom categories and add them to your logins to help organize your vault
- Secure Notes: You can add information that you want to store securely but have access to everywhere. For example, you can add your WiFi passwords or software licenses and important documents like a scan of your passport or ID.
- Personal Info: You can add all the contact details that you want Dashlane to autofill, including name, phone number, address, email, company website, and more.
- Payments: You can add your credit cards, bank accounts, and PayPal information that you want Dashlane to autofill.
- IDs: You can add your ID card or passport information that you want Dashlane to be able to autofill.
Add your logins
Add custom categories to your logins
Secure file storage
Make accessing your data even easier
If you didn't turn on the Biometric unlock and Biometric recovery security settings when creating your account, you can turn them on now to make accessing your data even easier.
To unlock the app using your fingerprint or a PIN code instead of entering your Master Password each time, set up Biometric unlock.
More about unlocking the Android app
To use biometrics to reset your Master Password if you forget it, we strongly recommend you turn on Biometric recovery.
Reset your Master Password using biometrics
To control these and other helpful security settings, go to the Settings tab and select Security.
To benefit from the full value of Dashlane on Android, we strongly recommend you also turn on Autofill.
To control the autofilling of data, go to the Settings tab and select General.
Want to know about the features offered on Dashlane's Android app?
More about Dashlane's Android features
After you learn the basics, visit the Android section of our Help Center to become an expert on using the Dashlane app on your Android device.