Warning! For security reasons, we don't recommend printing data stored in Dashlane. We've created this article because we receive frequent questions asking how to print passwords and other data.
If you're interested in printing because you're worried about getting locked out of your Dashlane account and losing data, we recommend these steps instead:
- Back up your data with a secure DASH file
- Turn on an account recovery method to access your account if you forget your Master Password
If you still need to print your data, follow the steps in this article.
- Export Dashlane data to a CSV file
- A ZIP file downloads to your computer. Open the ZIP file. You'll see separate CSV files for logins and passwords ("credentials"), IDs, payment methods, personal information, and Secure Notes. Passwords shared with limited rights aren't included.
If you're a Dashlane Starter, Team, or Business plan member, your plan admin might have restricted your ability to export all or some logins. Contact your plan admin for more information.
- Open the CSV file for the data you want to print. You can open CSV files with spreadsheet programs like Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel.
Note: The CSV file for Secure Notes doesn't include attachments.
Print individual attachments from Secure Notes
- Print the file.
Important: After printing, store the printed pages in a secure place like a safe or a bank deposit box. Delete the ZIP file and all the CSV files from your device. CSV files aren't encrypted so other people can read them.
Print attachments from Secure Notes
Attachments in Secure Notes aren't included when you export your Dashlane data to a CSV file. If you want to print your attachments from Secure Notes, download and print each separately.
- Open the Secure Note with the attachment you want to print.
- Download the attachment from the Secure Note
- Open the downloaded attachment file on your computer.
- Print the file.
Important: After printing, store the printed pages in a secure place like a safe or a bank deposit box. Delete the downloaded attachment file from your device.