If you're an admin and want to move your organization to Dashlane, visit Migrate your organization from KeePass to Dashlane.
If you have a Dashlane account, you can move your logins from KeePass into Dashlane in three steps. If you don't have an account, you can create one for free or sign up for one of our paid plans.
Step 1: Export your data from KeePass
Export your data from KeePass to a CSV file. If you have any problems exporting, contact KeePass support.
Step 2: Import your data from KeePass into Dashlane
Import your KeePass CSV file into Dashlane using our web app or Android app. You can't import a CSV file to Dashlane using the iOS (Apple) or macOS app.
Important: CSV files aren't encrypted, and others can read them. Delete the CSV file from your device after you import your data.
Import your KeePass data with the web app
- In the Dashlane web app, select the My account menu. Then select Settings and Import data.
- For Import source, select KeePass. Then select Get Started.
- Drag your KeePass CSV file to the app or select browse your computer files to search for it, and then select Next.
- Preview your import. You can change whether Dashlane imports an item as a Login or a Secure Note.
- Select Import items. You'll see a confirmation with the number of items imported.
Import your KeePass data with the Android app
- Select + Add new, Logins, and then Want to import multiple logins?
- Select From another password manager and then Select file.
- Select the CSV file that you exported from KeePass and select Import.
KeePass allows you to export logins only. So your import will include logins but not other data. Information we couldn't import to a specific field will appear in the Note section of each login.
If you have any issues with import, check out the common problems at the end of this article, including using the Dashlane CSV template to prepare and import your data.
Step 3: Uninstall KeePass
After you've moved your data into Dashlane, uninstall any KeePass apps. Otherwise, you might have problems using Autofill and other Dashlane features.
KeePass doesn't provide information on its website about how to turn off or uninstall its apps. If you need help turning off or uninstalling KeePass, we recommend contacting their customer support.