When you have more than one login for the same account saved in Dashlane, you can run into problems using our apps. We combine logins automatically when they have the same website address, username or email address, and password. If you notice that you still have duplicates in your Dashlane vault, you can take steps to remove them.
Clean up duplicates
- Identify duplicate logins. You can look in the Logins section of your app. Or use the search bar to find all the logins for a specific site or app.
Tips for searching in Dashlane
- Change the Item name for each duplicate to give all the duplicate logins a unique title.
- Open login page of the website or app that you have duplicates for. If you're already logged in to the website or app, log out.
- On the login page for the website or app, select the Dashlane D in the field for your username. We'll show you a list of all the logins you've stored in Dashlane for that website or app. You'll see the unique name you created for each login below your username.
- Select one of the logins, and we'll autofill your username and password to log in to the account. Try to log in with each login to determine which logins work.
- Go back to Dashlane and delete the logins that didn't work on the website. You can delete the logins one by one in any Dashlane app. In the web app, you can select multiple logins and bulk delete them.
Delete logins in Dashlane
Example with three logins for Dropbox
- Search for "Dropbox" in the Dashlane search bar.
- Change the Item names for the three logins to "Dropbox 1," "Dropbox 2," and "Dropbox 3."
- Open dropbox.com or the Dropbox mobile app. If you're already logged in, log out.
- Select the Dashlane D in the Dropbox username field.
- Select the login named "Dropbox 1," and we'll autofill your username and password so you can log in. Note whether the login works or not. Repeat this step for the logins named "Dropbox 2" and "Dropbox 3."
- If "Dropbox 2" works but not the others, for example, go back to Dashlane and delete "Dropbox 1" and "Dropbox 3."
Why do I have duplicates?
You can have duplicate logins for different reasons:
- Accidentally importing your logins twice—if you imported data from two different password managers, for example
- Problems with syncing your data across devices
- Selecting Create new login when trying to update a password for an existing login
Import your data to Dashlane
Solve problems with syncing data
Manage your logins in Dashlane