With the Dashlane web app and extension, you can manage your online life safely and easily. You can store and manage logins and other data and then autofill that info anywhere on the web. You can access Dashlane directly in the extension pop-up or open the full web app for more features.
Don't have Dashlane on your computer yet?
Explore the Dashlane extension
You can manage your logins and other data right from the extension. You can also access other features like Autofill and our Password Generator.
Manage data in the extension
Logins in the extension
Select the Vault tab. Then select Logins:
- Enter a keyword in the search bar, and Dashlane suggests relevant logins
- Sort your logins by Item name or Last used
- Select the Copy info icon, shown as a piece of paper, to copy your username, password, or other login info
- Select the Go to website icon, shown as an arrow in a box, to open the website for the login in a new tab
Select a login to see the login details:
- Select the pencil icon to edit the login, and the web app opens where you make your edits
- Select the Copy icon, shown as a piece of paper, to copy your email address, username, or password
- Select the Show icon, shown as an eye, to view the password
Payments in the extension
Select the Vault tab. Then select Payments:
- Enter a keyword in the search bar, and Dashlane suggests relevant items
- Select the Copy info icon, shown as a piece of paper, to copy your card number, security code, or other information
Select a payment card to see the details:
- Select the Edit icon, shown as a pencil, and the web app opens where you make your edits
- Select the Copy icon, shown as a piece of paper, to copy an item, such as the card number
- Select the Show icon, shown as an eye, to view the password
Secure Notes in the extension
Select the Vault tab. Then select Secure Notes:
- Enter a keyword in the search bar, and Dashlane suggests relevant Secure Notes
- Sort your Secure Notes by Item name or Last used
- Select a Secure Note to see the details and then select the Edit icon, shown as a pencil, to edit the Secure Note in the web app
Control Autofill settings in the extension
Select the Autofill tab to control the Autofill settings for the website or webpage you're viewing.
To change the settings for every page on the website you're viewing, select This entire website. Otherwise, select This page only to change the settings for the page you're viewing but not the website's other pages.
You can choose to autofill Everything, and we'll autofill all information we have for the login. You can also choose Only username and passwords or Don't autofill on this website.
Generate passwords in the extension
Select the Generator tab to create strong passwords automatically.
Copy and use the password to update your logins and increase security. You can choose the length of the password and whether to include letters, numbers, or symbols. You can also choose not to include characters that resemble each other (such as "1" and "l").
To generate a new password, select the circling arrows icon next to the current password.
Select Show history to find your last 20 generated passwords. You can see if the password was generated for a specific site as you were browsing the web. If you used the Password Generator to create the password, you'll see Generated and the date.
Access Dashlane shortcuts in the extension
You can access these options quickly in the bottom menu of the extension:
- Select Open the web app to access more Dashlane features
- Select Add login, shown as a plus (+) icon, and the web app opens where you add your login
- Select Find out what's new and get help, shown as a question mark, to access our updates page or the Help Center
- Select the Sync your vault icon, shown as circling arrows, to sync your logins across devices
Stay logged in to Dashlane
If you want to stay logged in to Dashlane, select the checkbox Keep me logged in for 14 days when you enter your Master Password in the extension. Otherwise, we log you out automatically when you close your browser.
This option doesn't appear if you're logging in for the first time or haven't yet registered the device. For security reasons, we still ask you to log in with your Master Password every 14 days.
Explore the Dashlane web app
The web app has many of the same features as the extension. You can also use other features like bulk delete, which deletes multiple logins simultaneously. Additionally, you can manage your subscription and account settings.
Select Open the web app in the extension pop-up. From the web app, you can enter keywords in the Search Dashlane bar to find a specific item or select a tab from the side menu. You can go to the My account menu to access your subscription details and settings.
Manage logins in the web app
In the web app menu, select Logins:
- Enter a keyword in the Search Dashlane bar, and Dashlane suggests relevant logins
- Select + Add new to add a login
- Select Share to securely share a login
- Select the View history icon, shown as a clock with a circling arrow, to see recent changes to your logins
- Sort your logins by Item name, Category, or Last used
- Select Go to website to open the website for the login in a new tab
- Select the 3-dot menu to see other options for the login, such as Copy password or Share
- Select a login to see the details and edit the login
Bulk delete logins in the web app
In the web app, you can select and delete multiple logins simultaneously with bulk delete.
- In the web app, select Logins.
- In the list of logins, select the checkboxes next to the logins you want to delete.
- Select Delete and confirm. You can select Cancel instead if you want to go back and add or remove logins.
Tip: Use the SHIFT key to select multiple logins in order. Select the first login in the list, hold the SHIFT key, and then select the last login you want to delete. Any logins between the first and last login are automatically selected for deletion.
Manage other data in the web app
Payments in the web app
In the web app menu, select Payments:
- Enter a keyword in the Search Dashlane bar to search your payment information
- Select + Add new in the top menu to add a card or account
- Select a card or account to edit the details or delete the item
Secure Notes in the web app
In the web app menu, select Secure Notes:
- Enter a keyword in the Search Dashlane bar, and Dashlane suggests relevant Secure Notes
- Select + Add new in the top menu to add a new note
- Select Share to securely share a note with other Dashlane customers
- Sort your notes by Item name, Category, Date Created, or the date when the note was Last Updated
- Select a note to edit the details or delete the note
Personal information in the web app
From the web app, you can manage the personal information Dashlane uses for Autofill. Select Personal Info:
- Enter a keyword in the Search Dashlane bar to search your personal information
- Select + Add new in the top menu to add an item
- Select the title of a section, like Emails or Phones, to hide or show the contents
- Select an item to edit the details or delete the item
IDs in the web app
You can save and manage ID cards from the web app. Select IDs:
- Enter a keyword in the Search Dashlane bar to search your IDs
- Select + Add new in the top menu to add an ID
- Select an ID to edit the details or delete the ID or hover over an ID and select Edit this document, shown as a pencil icon
- Hover over an ID and select Copy, shown as a piece of paper, to copy the ID number
Access sharing and security tools in the web app
In the web app, you can manage the logins and Secure Notes you share with other Dashlane customers. Select the Sharing Center in the side menu.
You can also monitor your account security with our Password Health tool. Members of paid plans can explore Dark Web Monitoring, and members of Dashlane Premium and our Friends & Family plan can select VPN to add an extra layer of security to their account.
Manage your subscription in the web app
In the web app, you can view and manage your plan, receipts, and billing information. Go to the My account menu and select Subscription.
Control account settings in the web app
From the My account menu, select Settings to access these options:
View your login email, view or change your data and privacy settings, and view or change your contact email.
View and manage the devices you authorize to access your account or remove authorization for a device.
Change your Master Password.
View the encryption method used to protect your account.
Turn on 2-factor authentication (2FA) for an added layer of security.
Turn on account recovery for Starter, Team, or Business plans.
Set up your account to unlock Dashlane with your fingerprint, face, or USB key.
|Export and import data||
Transfer your logins and other data using a CSV file or back up your data on a secure DASH file. Import your data from another Dashlane account or another password manager.
|Friends & Family Dashboard||
If you're a Friends & Family plan manager, you can use this dashboard to manage the members in your plan and the plan settings.
Sync any changes you've made in your Dashlane account across all devices.
In the My account menu, you can also select Refer a friend to share a referral link by email or on Twitter. If your friend signs up for Dashlane, you get six months of Dashlane Premium for free.
Add your profile picture in the web app
In the My account menu of the web app, you may see an icon with two letters from your name. This icon is your profile picture or “avatar.” With gravatar.com, you can upload a photo or image to appear instead. You can add a profile picture with any Dashlane plan.
When you go to gravatar.com, you’re asked to create an account or log in to WordPress.com. Gravatar and other services use WordPress so that you can use the same login for several services.
Note: Make sure you use the same email address you use to log in to Dashlane to create your Gravatar account. If you see a profile picture, you already have a WordPress account with a profile picture.
After you’ve created or logged in to your account, you can add or change your profile picture on the Manage Gravatars page. Your new profile picture appears in Dashlane after a few minutes.