With the Dashlane web app and extension, you can manage your online life safely and easily. You can store and manage logins and other data and then autofill that info anywhere on the web. You can access Dashlane directly in the extension pop-up or open the full web app for more features.
Don't have Dashlane on your computer yet?
Get started with the Dashlane web app and extension
Explore the Dashlane extension
You can manage your logins and other data right from the extension. You can also access other features like Autofill and our Password Generator.
Manage data in the extension
Logins in the extension
Select the Vault tab. Then select Logins:
- Enter a keyword in the search bar, and Dashlane suggests relevant logins
- Sort your logins by Item name or Last used
- Hover over a login row and select the Copy info icon, shown as a piece of paper, to copy your username, password, or other login info
- Hover over a login row and select the Go to website icon, shown as an arrow in a box, to open the website for the login in a new tab
Select a login to see the login details:
- Select the pencil icon to edit the login, and the web app opens where you make your edits
- Select the Copy icon, shown as a piece of paper, to copy your email address, username, or password
- Select the Show icon, shown as an eye, to view the password
Payments in the extension
Select the Vault tab. Then select Payments:
- Enter a keyword in the search bar, and Dashlane suggests relevant items
- Hover over a payment row and select the Copy info icon, shown as a piece of paper, to copy your card number, security code, or other information
Select a payment card to see the details:
- Select the Edit icon, shown as a pencil, and the web app opens where you make your edits
- Select the Copy icon, shown as a piece of paper, to copy an item, like the card number
- Select the Show icon, shown as an eye, to view the password
Secure Notes in the extension
Select the Vault tab. Then select Secure Notes:
- Enter a keyword in the search bar, and Dashlane suggests relevant Secure Notes
- Sort your Secure Notes by Item name or Last used
- Select a Secure Note to see the details and then select the Edit icon, shown as a pencil, to edit the Secure Note in the web app
Control Autofill settings in the extension
In a future release, you’ll be able to customize how Autofill works by turning off Autofill for forms and logins.
If you use Safari as your browser: Dashlane now uses macOS native autofill for the web app in Safari. For a better autofill experience, you must set up the alternative autofill solution. This solution lets Dashlane autofill your usernames and passwords but not other fields, like your address, phone number, or payment information. To autofill all types of data, you must use Dashlane in another supported browser.
Learn more about the alternative autofill solution
If you don't want Dashlane to autofill certain websites, you can turn off Autofill for those websites in the extension. If you use Safari as your browser, you can't turn Autofill on or off.
Autofill settings aren't synced to mobile.
- Go to the page or website where you want to turn off Autofill.
- Select the Dashlane D in your browser toolbar.
- In the extension pop-up, select Autofill in the top menu to open the website's Autofill settings.
- Select Pause. In the next pop-up, you're informed that suggestions to save and generate passwords will also be turned off.
- Select Turn off to confirm and refresh your browser.
If you've turned off Autofill for a website and Dashlane still autofills that website, try clearing the browser cache and cookies.
If you want to resume Autofill, select Resume and refresh your browser.
Generate passwords in the extension
In the extension, select Generator in the top menu and create strong passwords automatically.
Copy and use the password to update your logins and increase security. You can choose the length of the password and whether to include letters, numbers, or symbols. You can also choose not to include characters that resemble each other, like "1" and "l".
To generate a new password, select the circling arrows icon next to the current password.
Select Show history to find your last 20 generated passwords. You can see if the password was generated for a specific site as you were browsing the web. If you used the Password Generator to create the password, you'll see Generated and the date.
Access Dashlane shortcuts in the extension
You can access these options quickly in the bottom menu of the extension:
- Select Open the web app to access more Dashlane features
- Select Add login, shown as a plus (+) icon, and the web app opens where you add your login
- Select Find out what's new and get help, shown as a question mark, to access our updates page or the Help Center
- Select the Sync your vault icon, shown as circling arrows, to sync your logins across devices
Stay logged in to Dashlane
If you want to stay logged in to Dashlane, select the checkbox Keep me logged in for 14 days when you enter your Master Password in the extension. Otherwise, we log you out automatically when you close your browser.
This option doesn't appear if you're logging in for the first time or haven't yet registered the device. For security reasons, we still ask you to log in with your Master Password every 14 days.
Important: Use this feature only on devices you trust, like your personal computer.
Explore the Dashlane web app
The web app has many of the same features as the extension. Additionally, you can use bulk delete, which deletes multiple logins simultaneously. You can manage your subscription and account settings, and add custom categories to organize your logins.
Select Open the web app in the extension pop-up. In the web app, you can enter keywords in the Search Dashlane bar to find a specific item. You can also select a tool or section from the side menu.
Go to the My account menu in the upper-right corner to access your subscription details and settings.
Manage logins in the web app
In the web app, select Logins in the side menu:
- Enter a keyword in the Search Dashlane bar, and Dashlane suggests relevant logins
- Select + Add new in the top menu to add a login
- Select Share in the top menu to securely share a login
- Select View history in the top menu to see recent changes to your logins
- Sort your logins by the Item name and Last used columns
- To open a login's website in a new tab, hover over a row and select Go to website
- Select the 3-dot menu to see other options for a login, like Copy password or Share
- Select a login to see details and edit the login
Bulk delete logins in the web app
In the web app, you can select and delete multiple logins simultaneously with bulk delete.
Note: Bulk delete isn't available on the Safari app.
- In the web app, select Logins in the side menu.
- In the list of logins, select the checkboxes next to the logins you want to delete.
- Select Delete and confirm. If you want to go back and add or remove logins, select Cancel instead.
Tip: Use the SHIFT key to select multiple logins in order. Select the first login in the list, hold the SHIFT key, and then select the last login you want to delete. Any logins between the first and last login are automatically selected for deletion.
Add custom categories to your logins
At this time, custom categories are available for logins only and aren't included when you share your logins. Custom categories aren't available on the Safari app.
In the web app, you can create custom categories and add them to your logins to help organize your vault. You can create and add as many custom categories as you need for each login.
- In your vault, select the login where you want to add one or more categories.
- Select + Add a category. You can create a new custom category or select an existing category from the list that appears when you click in the text field. If you have no existing categories, no list appears.
Note: If you previously added any of the default categories to your logins, those categories still appear in the list.
- After you enter a new custom category, select the Add category icon, shown as a checkmark, next to the text field. Your new category appears in the login's Category section. You can continue to add as many categories as you need.
If you want to remove a category from your login, select the Remove from this category icon, shown as an X. You can remove categories from your logins anytime. You aren't asked if you want to confirm the removal.
- When you're finished, select Save in the bottom menu or select Cancel and then Discard if you don't want to add the categories to your login.
Your new custom categories appear in the Categories column in the Logins list. Multiple categories appear in alphabetical order. When you've added several categories, select the "more categories" menu in the login's row to view the list.
Note: If you’re a member of a Starter, Team, or Business plan, each custom category is tied to the Space where you created the category. If you created a custom category in your Personal Space, that category won't appear in your Business Space in the existing categories list.
More about Spaces
At this time, you can't make edits or delete custom categories from the list. You can only remove categories that you don't want from each login. For example, if you create a custom category with a misspelling, remove the category from each login where it appears. The category remains in the list.
Manage other data in the web app
Payments in the web app
In the web app menu, select Payments in the side menu:
- Enter a keyword in the Search Dashlane bar to search your payment information
- Select + Add new in the top menu to add a card or account
- Select a card or account to edit the details or delete the item
Add and manage payment types in Dashlane
Secure Notes in the web app
In the web app menu, select Secure Notes in the side menu:
- Enter a keyword in the Search Dashlane bar, and Dashlane suggests relevant Secure Notes
- Select + Add new in the top menu to add a new note
- Select Share in the top menu to securely share a note with other Dashlane customers
- Sort your notes by Item name, Category, Date Created, or the date when the note was Last Updated
- Select a note to edit the details or delete the note
Secure Notes in Dashlane
Secure file storage
Personal information in the web app
From the web app, you can manage the personal information Dashlane uses for Autofill. Select Personal Info in the side menu:
- Enter a keyword in the Search Dashlane bar to search your personal information
- Select + Add new in the top menu to add an item
- Select the title of a section, like Emails or Phones, to hide or show the contents
- Select an item to edit the details or delete the item
Add personal information to Dashlane
IDs in the web app
You can save and manage ID cards from the web app. Select IDs in the side menu:
- Enter a keyword in the Search Dashlane bar to search your IDs
- Select + Add new in the top menu to add an ID
- Select an ID to edit the details or delete the ID
- Hover over an ID and select Edit this document, shown as a pencil icon, to also edit the ID
- Hover over an ID and select Copy, shown as a piece of paper, to copy the ID number
Add and manage IDs in Dashlane
Access sharing and security tools in the web app
In the web app, you can manage the logins and Secure Notes you share with other Dashlane customers. Select Sharing Center in the side menu.
You can also monitor your account security with our Password Health tool. Members of paid plans can explore Dark Web Monitoring. Members of Dashlane Premium and admins of Dashlane Friends & Family plans can select VPN to add an extra layer of security to their accounts.
More about Dark Web Monitoring
VPN protection with Hotspot Shield
Compare Dashlane plans
Manage your subscription in the web app
In the web app, you can view and manage your plan, receipts, and billing information. Go to the My account menu and select Subscription.
More about billing and subscriptions
Control account settings in the web app
From the My account menu, select Settings to access these options:
|Account summary||View your login email, view or change your data and privacy settings, and view or change your contact email.|
|Manage activity||View and manage the devices you authorize to access your account or remove authorization for a device.|
Change your Master Password.
View the encryption method used to protect your account.
Turn on 2-factor authentication (2FA) for an added layer of security.
If you're a member of a Starter, Team, or Business team, turn on admin-assisted recovery.
Set up your account to unlock Dashlane with your fingerprint, face, or USB key.
|Export and import data||
Transfer your logins and other data using a CSV file or back up your data on a secure DASH file. Import your data from another Dashlane account or another password manager.
Export your data on a CSV file
|Friends & Family Dashboard||
If you're a Friends & Family plan manager, you can use this dashboard to manage the members in your plan and the plan settings.
Sync any changes you've made in your Dashlane account across all devices.
In the My account menu, you can also select Refer a friend to share a referral link by email or on Twitter. If your friend signs up for Dashlane, you get six months of Dashlane Premium for free.
Add your profile picture in the web app
In the My account menu of the web app, you may see an icon with two letters from your name. This icon is your profile picture or “avatar.” With gravatar.com, you can upload a photo or image to appear instead. You can add a profile picture with any Dashlane plan.
When you go to gravatar.com, you’re asked to create an account or log in to WordPress.com. Gravatar and other services use WordPress so that you can use the same login for several services.
Note: Make sure you use the same email address you use to log in to Dashlane to create your Gravatar account. If you see a profile picture, you already have a WordPress account with a profile picture.
After you’ve created or logged in to your account, you can add or change your profile picture on the Manage Gravatars page. Your new profile picture appears in Dashlane after a few minutes.