This article lists all of the major features in our web app and our desktop app.
We strongly recommend using the newer web app, which we're constantly improving. Although it doesn't yet include every feature found in our legacy desktop apps, it offers a better overall experience, especially for fundamental features such as autofill.
We’re in the process of moving all key features and the majority of our other features to the web app. The following table gives you an idea of when you can expect certain features in the web app. Rest assured that we won’t end support for the desktop app until we add all the features marked as "Coming soon!" or "Planned" to the web app.
Notable recent feature improvements: Bank accounts, IDs, Password Changer, Sharing Center, and biometric login are now available on the web app. Autofill powered by Machine Learning, password generator improvements, and suggested items are now available in the web extension. Learn more in the release notes.
* Secure file storage: Secure file storage will be available from the web app shortly after we end support for our desktop apps.
* Login with biometrics or a security key: The desktop apps support only biometric authentication. You can use a security key as a login method only on the web app and the web extension.
* U2F security key support: We don't plan to continue supporting the U2F standard and let customers use security keys for 2FA on the web app, but we do support Yubikeys as an alternative to typing your Master Password (similar to using Face ID on an iOS device).
* Emergency Contact: Instead of building the Emergency Contact feature into the web extension, we're building an improved experience to enable easier account co-ownership and digital delegation for emergencies. There will be several months between the end of support of the desktop apps and this new feature being available. In the meantime, we invite you to use our new Emergency Kit solution, which is already available using the web app.
* Receipts: We won't support our receipts feature after we end support for our desktop apps. Before that happens, we recommend you save the receipts you want to keep in a separate file storage tool, such as Dropbox or Evernote. Or you can contact our Support team so they can enable a feature for your account that will automatically convert your receipts into Secure Notes.