This article lists all of the major features in our web app and our desktop app.
We strongly recommend using the newer web app, which we're constantly improving. Although it doesn't yet include every feature found in our legacy desktop apps, it offers a better overall experience, especially for fundamental features such as autofill.
We’re in the process of moving all key features and the majority of our additional features to the web app. The following table gives you an idea of when you can expect certain features in the web app. Rest assured that we won’t be ending support for the desktop app until we add all the features marked as "Coming soon!" or "Planned" to the web app.
Notable recent feature improvements: Bank accounts, IDs, Password Changer, Sharing Center, and biometric login are now available on the web app. Autofill powered by Machine Learning, password generator improvements, and suggested items are now available in the web extension. Learn more in the release notes.
* Password History: Only generated passwords can be retrieved from the web app's history. The desktop app's history also shows modifications and deletions of passwords. We're planning for the web app's history to do the same soon.
* Import passwords: Currently, you can import only passwords from the web app in a CSV file. The desktop app allows you to import all data (passwords, secure notes, etc.) in a secure archive file. This will soon be available from the web app as well.
* Secure file storage: This feature won't be implemented before we stop supporting the desktop apps, but it will be implemented in the web app shortly after.
* Login with biometrics or a security key: The desktop apps support only biometrics authentication. Security keys can be used as a login method only on the web app and the web extension.
* U2F security key support: We have no plans to continue supporting the U2F standard and let customers use security keys for 2FA on the web app. However, we will support Yubikeys as an alternative to typing your Master Password (similar to using Face ID on an iOS device).
* Emergency Contact: We are not building the Emergency Contact feature into the web extension. Instead, we intend to build an improved experience to enable easier account co-ownership and digital delegation in case of an emergency. However, this means there will be a period of several months between the end of support of the desktop apps and this new feature being available. We are currently working on developing a short-term solution that meets the needs of our customers.
* Receipts: We will not be supporting our receipts feature after ending the support of desktop apps. Prior to that milestone, we recommend that you save the receipts you wish to keep in a separate file storage tool, such as Dropbox or Evernote.